Mac 4X4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac 4X4

Just to let you all know. I had a phone call from Jon just after midnight. They were at a ferry port waiting to go over to Ireland!!!!

Sumo - this is probably the reason why you were told you wouldn't be allowed to go to some of the places they were going.

He's just phoned again - his gearbox has dumped all it's oil but they've bought a load and will keep topping it up and hope for the best.

No idea whereabouts they are but they seem to be doing ok.

jen that sounds like a good excuse to hit the irish pubs
    for sure for sure
    blimmy hope the truck makes it
    there big boys so they will
    just spoke to jon
    there lost at the moment not clue where they are
    they have 10ltrs oil and used 4 and soon will be putting another 4 ltrs in shortly, they do pass garages on the route so getting more oil should not be a problem
    as i rang off jon said they found some road signs

so there not doing to bad but think they bit worried about the oil leak, and getting lost dont help there confidence

so can i suggest anyone with his phone number give them a call and cheer them on hey
    Last edited by pops; 11 March 2006, 09:54.
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

hi guys the next time you contact him tell him good luck and that some of us are hoping they do well.........and remember be safe!!!
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Hopefully the oil leak is just the gearbox being seasick. Wish 'em luck when you talk to them next.
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

wish'em luck from us lot down here too and keep everything crossed the gearbox is ok and last out
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Just spoke to them and they are trying to find out where to go - the truck is holding up ok though.
            The phone keeps cutting out though. Have sent them a message from you guys who are cheering them on!
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Jotto
              Just to let you all know. I had a phone call from Jon just after midnight. They were at a ferry port waiting to go over to Ireland!!!!

Sumo - this is probably the reason why you were told you wouldn't be allowed to go to some of the places they were going.

He's just phoned again - his gearbox has dumped all it's oil but they've bought a load and will keep topping it up and hope for the best.

No idea whereabouts they are but they seem to be doing ok.
              Yeah I know they is in Ireland cos they phoned me at about 0700 this morning,but it would have been nice if it had been explaned to me on the Q/T instead of only getting NO! for an answer,never mind Iv'e done some more fiddling about with my surf and is indoors stating my 2nd rum & black while they is probably lost somewhere in the cold,unless of course it was a ploy to sneak off to Landowne road and watch the Rugby.

KEEP GOING LADS YOU CAN HACK IT
              and if at any point you feel down just remember we know what the spanish is for PAJ**O
              Last edited by sumo; 11 March 2006, 19:39.
              If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

just rang jon and rick
                they on the boat back from dublin
                jon not immpressed with the lack of organisation
                for example not given any maps to get to the ferry port.
                that apart the gearbox is still spraying anyone who follows close and the steering pump has packed up too, they took the belt off and jon says he not noticed any difference yet.
                as said they on boat now for 3 1/2 hours and just been called to a meeting
                which jon says he dont realy wanna go
                but he is

poor guys not having a lot of luck so far but in true toyota surf style they pressing on.

LETS ALL WISH THE GUYS WELL AND ALSO SOME GOOD FORTUNE
                NEWS FLASH just in
                jon rang been to meeting when they get to other side they got 7miles trip to place where they kip in the surf till restarting at 9am
                so jon says they happier now and rick said they deffo better now they had dinner and pint of Murphys FUR SURE FUR SURE
                Last edited by pops; 11 March 2006, 23:02.
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

Working...
                X