windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windscreen

came out of work on moday to find a crack across the screen and a large stone on bonnet so phoned auto glass said they can fit a new one next day tues guy comes out got new screen but didnot relies he needed to replace trim said he will have to order from toyota $$$$$$ useless maybe in by the weekend just hope it dont fall out

Originally posted by paul jones
    came out of work on moday to find a crack across the screen and a large stone on bonnet so phoned auto glass said they can fit a new one next day tues guy comes out got new screen but didnot relies he needed to replace trim said he will have to order from toyota $$$$$$ useless maybe in by the weekend just hope it dont fall out
    If the guys any good he can reuse the trim, I had AutoWindscreens to do a truck and they did it no problems.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      If the guys any good he can reuse the trim, I had AutoWindscreens to do a truck and they did it no problems.

thats right dont think hes done one before i had one fitted 3yrs ago and the fitter reused my trim no probs will phone them to morrow and ask for somone who can do the job

Comment

I assume it's being done on your insurance? If so, then sod it! Wait and get a new trim.....

No need to risk bu99ering up the old one then, is there....
        It just does, OK?

Comment

I had the same problem with National Windscreens at the beginning of the year. It took weeks to sort out. The bloke that came to replace my screen couldn't remove the trim without damaging it, so he went away and said they'd order new trim for me.

Many phone calls later and it was decided that to order new trim would cost nearly £400 so 'would it be alright if we take your car into our workshop where we have the machine that will remove the trim without damaging it?' Why the hell they didn't do that in the first place I don't know.

Still, I finally got the new screen fitted, complete with my original trim at the end of January. It only took 2 hours. Perhaps it's worth checking with them to see if this can be done.

Comment

The guy that did mine just trimmed it off carfully with a very sharp knife. He just needed a hand down to the ground with it to make sure it didn't bend.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
            X