Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushwacker

Hi m8, Thought you might be the man to ask as i suspect you've either
    dropped your headlining or took it out altogher, I'm not looking for a blow by blow account just any tips or things i should look out for, I want to take it right out as this will be easier, Got some light bar brackets to fit and interior lighting, I got info on the rear trim and im assuming the door edging trim just pulls off with the resulting breaking off of some of the clips as they always seem to do, Main question is do the plastic fastners in the center ( about 6
    of em i think) just pull down, turn and pull or what? Thought i'd better ask before i take a crow bar to it, I did a search and only found one guy who had
    asked before and he did'nt get any replys, Hopeing to do a little better,
    Most of it seems straight forword enough, Just any snags you may have encountered, Cheers, Kindest (ar$e creeping) Regards, Ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

You need to remove the rear side panels, the panel the houses the rear wiper motor, the seatbelt mountings (on the door pillars) the grab handles, the trim around the sunroof if you have one, the sun visors and the interior lights.
    The plastic 'buttons' in the rear section of the roof, just pull out. Take care 'cos they will break, they're really brittle. I've bought some black ones to replace mine from a car accessories shop, but I haven't tried them yet.
    Make sure you store the headlining safely!

p.s. Now that I've got your attention, look what I've discovered using Biro caps and LED holders

Guess where five of these are going on my truck!
    Attached Files

Comment

Cheers Vince, Im always pretty good at breaking those plastic fixings, The
      headlining will be going in the bedroom for safe keeping as nothing ever happens in there, Hummm Biro caps and leds marker lights?,,,

Comment

hehe! yup. I can only find three black ones though, I'll have to ask her indoors to fetch me a couple from the office.
        I still haven't seen any photos of your "flight deck" yet, you still having upload probs?

Comment

Yes Still having problems, It seems to be just me and Dog Book thats affected, Hav'nt heard anyone else shouting, Its annoying, Had no problem with it before!, Be interested to see how you do marker lights using pen tops,
          I was joking but thinking about it they are a nice streemline'd shape,
          The dash is back together and im very pleased with the results, I seem to have settled on a combination of blue, red, and colour change, Its realey
          bright, I can switch to any colour or any combination of blue, red, green,uv,
          orange or good old white, Uvs good if you dont want it too bright The heater
          has come out very good, big improvement on the original lighting, Started on the interior lighting now, Just ordered 60 each green and uv, The guys making a fortune out of me, If i can ever post pic files on here again i'll put some on, gonna try an experiment with the camera set on small email type
          pictures, It has 3 settings, Hows the intercooler comeing along?, Just a thought but i've got some large bore (bus) rad hose elbows, Dont know offhand the size but will measure em if you like also a lot of hose clip
          (jubilee type) If any of its any use to you let me know,

Comment

Ooh yes please! The diameter of the intercooler connectors are 70mm. So if the elbows you have are 70mm internal diameter, I'll relieve you of a couple with the clips if poss.
            Let me costs etc. Cheers me old skipjack!

Comment

I'll dig em out and measure em tommrow, I'll certainly have the clips you need
              though, Did quite well out of the coach builders i worked for, None of this was nicked by the way, You would'nt believe the stuff they used to chuck in the skip, That skip used to do a better trade than the front office, It was a
              car junkie's paradise, Post tomorrow with the sizes, Ian

Comment

Hi M8, Im afraid the largest hose is 50mm, But as i say the clips are no prob,
                If you want some PM or Email your address and i'll sort some out, Dont want anything for em by the way, Sorry the hoses are the wrong size, Ian

Comment

Hi M8, Im afraid the largest hose is 50mm, But as i say the clips are no prob,
                  If you want some PM or Email your address and the no of clips you want and i'll sort some out, Dont want anything for em by the way, Sorry the hoses are the wrong size, Ian Bugga did it twice
                  Last edited by POPEYE; 10 March 2006, 13:11.

Comment

Working...
                  X