Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Decoration !!

Hello folks,

Has anyone successfully removed the fairly extensive decals that some surfs have on them, and if so, how do you do it without damaging the paintwork ??

Also, did it leave you with many shades of paint where it had faded etc.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Wack

graphics removal is pretty easy, use a hairdryer and a credit card. Get the first bit started with the card and a bit of heat then keep applying gentle heat with the hairdryer as you pull at the sticker. The sticky outline when finished can be removed in seconds with a bit of white spirit or thinners. Then t cut and polish for the end result.

I did one of our vans recently using the above and it looked like new after i was done.

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

or you could get one of these tools in this thread

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...hlight=removal
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

removed many a graphic when working in bodyshop and the advice above is normally right, however when i did my own it took me all day to get the 13 year old stickers off. be warned, patience is a virtue if you dont wanna scratch your baby. they will be brittle and will probably not peel even with heat applied. i know most tricks for this sort of problem but unfortunately the only tool to do it properly is TIME. good luck mate
        Ian

Comment

Disc attachment

Originally posted by SURFVIRGIN
          removed many a graphic when working in bodyshop and the advice above is normally right, however when i did my own it took me all day to get the 13 year old stickers off. be warned, patience is a virtue if you dont wanna scratch your baby. they will be brittle and will probably not peel even with heat applied. i know most tricks for this sort of problem but unfortunately the only tool to do it properly is TIME. good luck mate
          Have you ever used the "caramel" disc attachment described in the link above ? And if so how do you rate it ??

Many thanks.

Ian (wack)

Comment

No but heard good things about them. all the vehicles i worked on had stickers that had been on but a few years and came off no probs, it was only my surf that i had problems with and as no longer working in bodyshop didnt even know they existed til about 6 months after i removed them. but like i say they sound good. would give it a whirl as it wont damage your paint but you still need to take off majority of sticker as this disc is designed to remove adhesive only. heres hoping your sticker isnt brittle and peels easy.
            Ian

Comment

Well as a first timer caramel wheels work, and are easy. Took me a bit of time cause the battery on my drill would only last 15mins at a time, but after a bit of T'cut and polish (ok 3 hours of hard graft) this is how she looks.
              For comparison heres how she looks after an outing with Danno.
              Attached Files
              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
              X