HGV Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HGV Drivers

didn't realise the digital tachos were coming in so soon... all the TNT drivers are applying for cards as all new vehicles from may will have to be fitted with the new units.

they cost £38 too!!... another expense i could do without!!

www.digitaltachograph.gov.uk
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

i've never seen the new VU's but it sounds complicated!... they've even got a printer in them!... how long's that gonna last???...

Comment

That will last minutes in a lorry especially those companys who have agency drivers who seem to hate most lorrys (at least the ones that came to tesco did they would break anything they could get there hands on).
      The cheek of it as well making you pay for the ****** cards if they want you to use them they should supply them .
      Glad i am out of driving now with all these rules and regs wish they would keep the goal post still eh!!
      aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me and telling me "You're next."They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals!

Comment

Originally posted by rich1
        That will last minutes in a lorry especially those companys who have agency drivers who seem to hate most lorrys (at least the ones that came to tesco did they would break anything they could get there hands on).
        The cheek of it as well making you pay for the ****** cards if they want you to use them they should supply them .
        Glad i am out of driving now with all these rules and regs wish they would keep the goal post still eh!!
        Thanks Rich, but this agency driver doesnt break lorries.

Comment

Originally posted by TAZMAN
          Thanks Rich, but this agency driver doesnt break lorries.
          i know what he's on about though!...
          i'm in demand cos there are so many dipshi ts doing agency work!

trouble is, you always get the old wreck cos they don't trust you... i'm happy as long as the radio works!!

Comment

As a LGV driver and T&G member, I would just like to say that the new digital driver cards are the employers bit of kit and NOT for the employee to pay out for. So DO NOT pay for it, this is the law. Any questions just ask your T&G officer and he/she will tell you the same thing. Do you buy your lorry or PPE?

Been there done that, got the T shirt.

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            didn't realise the digital tachos were coming in so soon... all the TNT drivers are applying for cards as all new vehicles from may will have to be fitted with the new units.

they cost £38 too!!... another expense i could do without!!

www.digitaltachograph.gov.uk
            Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

My company hasn't even mentioned it. One of the drivers applied for his a few weeks back. It came thru in a few days. I might apply for one, then give the company the bill.

Comment

Sorry Tazman no offence
                When i was at tesco they had and still have polish chaps driving for them most had no experiance driving over here, at xmas time they had two drivers arrested as soon as they got to the store one was for causing an accident and driving off and the other was the wrong side of 1 bottle of vodka couldn't stand up when they got him out of the lorry (surly the the transport team should of picked up on that but hey ) the rest turned em all over or drove in to things .
                But as Da Slug Man said agency driving means you get all the **** so why bother looking after them
                aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me and telling me "You're next."They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals!

Comment

With all their fancy encryption capability and their machine isnt able to put the clock back an hour in October!

Comment

Working...
                  X