snow in Ilkley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snow in Ilkley

got proper snow, well chuffed! Just made a point of driving to the tip with the contents of the loft just to drive in the stuff

Amazing how it disrupts the traffic, 2 inches and its almost a standstill.

The surf was very surefooted though, even made it up the ramp to the tip all on virgin snow without a problem.

I used to have a surf me!

Originally posted by phoebelala
    got proper snow, well chuffed! Just made a point of driving to the tip with the contents of the loft just to drive in the stuff

Amazing how it disrupts the traffic, 2 inches and its almost a standstill.

The surf was very surefooted though, even made it up the ramp to the tip all on virgin snow without a problem.

You in Ilkley? I grew up there, in Ben Rhydding. Bizarre...

Comment

Originally posted by Tokyota
      You in Ilkley? I grew up there, in Ben Rhydding. Bizarre...

Bizzare indeed. Ilkley and indeed Ben Rhydding are still here. when were you last in town? Ill give you an update.

Al.

Comment

We only got a dusting of snow Thursday night here Warks. The real treat was Friday mornings HOARE FROST. Thickest I've seen for years, very picturesque in the morning sunshine on the trees!

Comment

It makes a change to get proper snow in Ilkley. Normally we just hear about other people having it. My wee beasty loved the stuff. Happy days when you can surf on snow!!
          Jim
          i like it muddy!

Comment

Snow. Wassat?
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
              Snow. Wassat?
              I'm starting think that the last 2 years down here....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I put a hex on it snowing by converting all the old metal gazebo poles we had into sledges for me and the three grand kids. I should have taken them to the tidy tip.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
                  Bizzare indeed. Ilkley and indeed Ben Rhydding are still here. when were you last in town? Ill give you an update.

Al.
                  Mmmm dropped in and had a drive round and up the Dales with the wife last April, blinkin' lovely it was! The mrs loved it too. Whereabouts are you at?

Comment

Bang in the centre of Ilkley just off kings road. Im sure you know it. I live about 40 seconds by 3 litre express from hebers ghyll.

Steps has closed down which is a big shame. Used to go most weekends. Maggie thatcher still visits us regularly in ilkley and chooses to dine in the Box Tree so they say. ( if i see her ill shout something rude at her)

The trav is still open would you believe?
                    Taps has closed down and its going to be another world class restaurant
                    There was a program on telly that spilled the beans on the Ilkley millionaires. Its now out of the bag that there are more of them in ilkley than there are in london, which for a population of only 22K is a bit of a shock.

Madam Avis is selling some property off
                    crescent has been done out again
                    mallard is on the market again
                    Ilkley house prices now totally mad, average 3 bed semi is 350 grand now and nothing detatched for less than half a mill

I am currently selling the bakery at Ben Rhydding business only, I don't own the building.

How long you been away?

Comment

Working...
                    X