Lincolnshire surfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincolnshire surfers

I spent last week working out of RAF Donna Nook, near Louth. I had my motor (Blue 3.0 SSR-X with orange star sticker) with me. Saw lots of Surfs, perhaps more than I've seen anywhere else in the country, but none of you waved back! Miserable gits!

Stayed in a great little hotel called 'The Priory' near to Somerfield in Louth. Well worth a visit if you need to stay in the vicinity.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Originally posted by Apache
    I spent last week working out of RAF Donna Nook, near Louth. I had my motor (Blue 3.0 SSR-X with orange star sticker) with me. Saw lots of Surfs, perhaps more than I've seen anywhere else in the country, but none of you waved back! Miserable gits!

Stayed in a great little hotel called 'The Priory' near to Somerfield in Louth. Well worth a visit if you need to stay in the vicinity.
    Hope you took some models, the sprinter would be good up there!
    Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Wind never dropped below about 25kts all week on the coast, and about -400 centigrade! I did consider taking a plane, but during a recce visit figured it was a little exposed.

No seals on the beach, but one or two spotters in attendance. A good week for them as we had three WAH-64D, a Lynx Mk8, a Seaking and a Chinook for the week!

I take it your club is local to there? I get up that way a few times a year. I'll bring the Sprinter when the weather gets a bit better and maybe come and fly with you guys?
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
      X