Does Anybody Know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anybody Know?

Does anybody know how the wind (from outside) can affect the water in the toilet bowl? Everytime I hear the wind outside I can see the water in the toilet moving!!!!
    Got an itch, might need to scratch it soon.

Probably due to the wind blowing over the top of your soil pipe causing a pressure change inside the pipe which disturbs the wate in the u bend.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Martin
      Does anybody know how the wind (from outside) can affect the water in the toilet bowl? Everytime I hear the wind outside I can see the water in the toilet moving!!!!
      if you have a stench pipe then the wind could be blowing down that and causing the noise and water moving
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

thanks, so its a normal thing not a problem with the plumbing then.

Comment

The drains system has a vent, one line goes down to the sewer but teed off will one going to roof height it will either come out through your loft or possibly run up the wall of your house to roof level. When the wind blows across the top of it it creates a bit of vacuum/suction even pressure possibly in the vent pipe, ( all it needs is a few millibar ) as it is all one system you will possibly see slight movement of the water in the lavvy. Could probably explain better with a sketch but Im sure youve got the drift.

Bogus
          Сви можемо

Comment

thanks, so its a normal thing not a problem with the plumbing then.

i wouldnt of thought so i have heard of this b4 and it turned out to be what has been mentioned
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
              The drains system has a vent, one line goes down to the sewer but teed off will one going to roof height it will either come out through your loft or possibly run up the wall of your house to roof level. When the wind blows across the top of it it creates a bit of vacuum/suction even pressure possibly in the vent pipe, ( all it needs is a few millibar ) as it is all one system you will possibly see slight movement of the water in the lavvy. Could probably explain better with a sketch but Im sure youve got the drift.

Bogus
              Yeah, thanks for that.

Comment

Don't listen to them - it's all pseudo scientific crepe !

If you go outside and look at your house you'll see that it's clearly moving ....

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

not true....... it's shock waves from the last dump
                  Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                  Tony

Comment

who cares just pee and go
                    Enjoying Life after Cancer
                    Pops

Comment

you need to get out more !!!!...........lol

Comment

If you live on a boat!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

When the weather is really cold my gran, my mother in law and now Mrs KS insisted that keeping the loo lid down keeps the cold out. Is it a gender thing or an age thing. Ive never noticed a draught up the jacksie.
                          It's only a hobby!

Comment

I can't believe this thread got on to a second page!!!!!!
                            I for one don't want to know about your wind problems.
                            You aint seen me, right

Comment

Working...
                            X