one last try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one last try

Does anyone know why my 4WD won't engage when on the move anymore? its NOT mechanical as the beeping starts as soon as I press the button. It used to work up to 60 and now won't work if moving at all. Once stationary it engages and it works properly.

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

Have you checked the vacuum lines ?

Isn't 60 (presuming you mean mph) high for engaging 4wd ?

And don't forget the 2nd Gens do not like using 4wd on the tarmac.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Quite honstly, if it works OK when stopped, there can't be to much wrong with it.

Are you giving it long enough to engauge, You normally need to back off the throttle slightly to get it to engauge when driving along.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Quite honstly, if it works OK when stopped, there can't be to much wrong with it.

Are you giving it long enough to enguage, You normally need to back off the throttle slightly to get it to enguage when driving along.
        Thanx folks
        Its not even trying to engage, there is a sensor somewhere that tells the vehicle that its travelling at a safe speed to allow the 4WD to engage. I know about backing off the throtle to make it engage, that however is not the issue. It beeps and flashes as soon as the button is pressed and will continue to do so until I stop completley, deselect and then reselect. Its ONLY electronic as its an instant problem the moment the button is pressed.

THERE IS NOTHING ACTUALLY WRONG WITH THE 4WD istelf. its just the fact it wont select when on the move. I must have disturbed a wire or something when i removed the starter. Any ideas?

Thanx
        Al.

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
          Have you checked the vacuum lines ?

Isn't 60 (presuming you mean mph) high for engaging 4wd ?

And don't forget the 2nd Gens do not like using 4wd on the tarmac.

Trev

I think it was 60MPH that was the limit for selecting and after this it would beep just as it now does at ANY speed if I try to select.

Vac lines? Where are they and what do they do please?
          Al.

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
            I think it was 60MPH that was the limit for selecting and after this it would beep just as it now does at ANY speed if I try to select.

Vac lines? Where are they and what do they do please?
            Al.
            look here for the ADD http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/
            Gaz

Comment

Working...
            X