Hemel Hempstead Surfers dont wave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemel Hempstead Surfers dont wave?

When i get the chance to use my surf on weekends (when she isnt) i often see surfs in and around Hemel Hempstead, feeling the joy of driving my truck i often if not always have a little wave or nod but today after 3 nods/waves only one driver and his wife returned the gesture, thankyou to you in your 3rd Gen in apsley.

If you also are from Hemel Hempstead area and have huge ANIMAL graphics in white on the back of your wine coloured 2nd Gen hello also as i saw you at the market (and everywhere else recently)

Thank you, i have said my bit for today.
    Kite Surf

There is a guy who comes off the M1 J8 in the evenings driving a burgundy 2nd Gen with silver window tints and a big Off Road decal on the back window. I have quite often been alongside him and given a wave but I just get a funny look. I guess he must be a Treacle Bumstead Surfer.

How are they doing rebuilding the treacle mines?
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Got a big grin and wave off a 3rd gen in Stevenage today, also guy in a nice J reg 2 door on the South Mims roundabout waved to, so some people are paying attention.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
        When i get the chance to use my surf on weekends (when she isnt) i often see surfs in and around Hemel Hempstead, feeling the joy of driving my truck i often if not always have a little wave or nod but today after 3 nods/waves only one driver and his wife returned the gesture, thankyou to you in your 3rd Gen in apsley.

If you also are from Hemel Hempstead area and have huge ANIMAL graphics in white on the back of your wine coloured 2nd Gen hello also as i saw you at the market (and everywhere else recently)

Thank you, i have said my bit for today.
        I know what you mean! we often go to TReacle Bumstead coz the in laws are there and never get a wave! We gave up after a while felt a bit silly waving at ignorant peeps! But if you wave at us we'll return it!

Comment

Originally posted by Purpledoris
          I know what you mean! we often go to TReacle Bumstead coz the in laws are there and never get a wave! We gave up after a while felt a bit silly waving at ignorant peeps! But if you wave at us we'll return it!
          Good to hear, i will keep an eye out
          Kite Surf

Comment

Saw a blue 2nd Gen H***JLE on the A41/M1 tonight. He came off at J 5. I didn't get a wave, even though he was checking out my Devils Pit tyre cover and forum sticker.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Anglesey Surfers WAVE all the time

Originally posted by Purpledoris
              Just to let you guys know that us Anglesey surfers wave to each other all the time !!! waving and flashing lights is an old local Welsh custom , but even more so if you happen to own a surf,,,,,,but as I think there are only 2 on Anglesey and we both live in the same village and work together on the local lifebot crew !! we are bound to pass each other sometime during most days,,so hey how about coming up here for a run,?? you are always guarenteed a welcoming wave, flashing lights and , stop for a brew and chat.
              Would be fantastic to organise a run up this end of the world during the summer, plenty of camping and b&b facilities, perhaps on Lifeboat day in August when the whole village turns out with loads going on from hog roasts to displays and oh yes lots of BOOZE.
              How about it folks, anyone interested,,,m ( bring the kids if you have to !!!)

Comment

Berko

If you get to Berkhamsted I will wave cos weze a bit mor ****rified 'ere and dinna av sew much tu doo than u townee 'emelites an' the
                Peter
                Grimshaw
                Hair

Hairmobile will giv u a cheery wave !

I'ze in 'emel sumdaze

Comment

I'll go anywhere that doesn't involve going through Tring!

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
                    Good to hear, i will keep an eye out
                    Hey Cris don't fink I've seen yer out in yer truck yet, dunno bout you but I'm to busy but I still to all I see in Trucks.
                    One day !!!!! I'll at yer !!!!!

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                    X