running on veg oil ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running on veg oil ?

anyone here run there 3.0td on clean veggy oil? just wondering if mixed with diesiel 50/50 would that be ok?

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sea...earchid=228911
    thats a search on "veg" should be all the info you need on there.........

Comment

thanks for that ..... didnt think it would of been talked about that much ..

Comment

Originally posted by crosser
        thanks for that ..... didnt think it would of been talked about that much ..

errrrrrrr.

yes it has. will make your truk stink like a chip shop mate
        I used to have a surf me!

Comment

50/50 will be fine guys on here done even higher ratio mixes with no problems

hope you like smell of chips following you makes you hungry dont it HIPPO man?
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

I have ran mine on 80/20 (svo/dino) no probs.
            Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Mix

Mostly running on 90% Asda Veggie and 10% unleaded, down to zero unleaded as weather gets warmer of course thats with one of the FANTASTIC units pictured at top of site!!
              Still Searching,
              Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                50/50 will be fine guys on here done even higher ratio mixes with no problems

hope you like smell of chips following you makes you hungry dont it HIPPO man?
                Feeling hungry old bean ?
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                  Feeling hungry old bean ?
                  yes can i follow you with my windows open
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

been trying my 95 3.o ltd on sunflower oil 50/50 for the past 2 months or so seemed ok at start but then engine started getting a little noiser. this did'nt alter the way she ran. so i ran her until nearly empty filled up with diesel then after about half a tank she went quiet again. so i have been cutting down the oil 60/40 70/30 and so on but she still gets louder after a while. had full service 2 weeks ago and she went fine but has started to get louder again. this could be due to the cold weather. i have read on here that it affects the oil in some way and that it works better in summer hot weather so i am waiting until then to try it again.

Comment

Cold weather

Cold, raises the viscosity of the veg oil, so makes it harder on pump and you won't get a fine enough spray through the injectors. Not sure anyway why you are using Sunflower oil as its more expensive than Asda's finest veg oil. 3 ltrs £1.25.
                      If you are worried just use 10-20% veg oil.
                      Rgds Philip
                      Still Searching,
                      Dick Whittington

Comment

Cold weather

Cold, raises the viscosity of the veg oil, so makes it harder on pump and you won't get a fine enough spray through the injectors. Not sure anyway why you are using Sunflower oil as its more expensive than Asda's finest veg oil. 3 ltrs £1.25.
                        If you are worried just use 10-20% veg oil. Or get some sort of heater.
                        Rgds Philip
                        Still Searching,
                        Dick Whittington

Comment

Working...
                        X