new wiper arms for 1994 hilux surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new wiper arms for 1994 hilux surf?

Does anyone out there know where I can get 2 new front wiper arms?
    The local toyota dealer wants £70 for the pair...that should include the windscreen!

Originally posted by jimbob
    Does anyone out there know where I can get 2 new front wiper arms?
    The local toyota dealer wants £70 for the pair...that should include the windscreen!
    Send "Streetludge Chris" or "HiluxBob" a pm,I am sure they will be able to help.
    Powered by ????

Comment

They'll be the same as a MK3 pickup, try asking for them for that at the dealer, or find a breakers and start measureing toyota wiper arms.

Thats a good price from the dealer, Milners want £36 each, and they only list older 1st gen style arms, how different they are, I don't know.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Do they have to be an exact match?? As long as the replacement arms fit the spline and are the correct length I would assume any wiper arm will do. After all, the blade holder end is pretty standard.
        Ian
        One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Originally posted by icsys
          Do they have to be an exact match?? As long as the replacement arms fit the spline and are the correct length I would assume any wiper arm will do. After all, the blade holder end is pretty standard.
          Not neccessarily. The arms are shaped so that you get the correct pressure all the way on the screen. You can generally get away with things substituting a pair of not identical ones but you may need to do some bending.

Cheers

Comment

Wiper arms

Got a set on the breaker if you need them can send you pictures if this helps.

Comment

wiper arms

Thanks for the help everyone, i've decided to refurb and give the
              originals a lick of paint, much cheapness.... ps: it's snowing here in East
              Kilbride...yeehaaa!

Comment

Working...
              X