what do you think i should offer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think i should offer ?

ive been offered a 1995 m reg toyota surf 3.0td ssr-x ...its in dark green and is pretty good condition just a few small scratches and inside smells of dogs (dont mind the smell as my 2 dogs will be going in it)....done 135,000km but hes lost service history but looks like its been looked after...clean oil and some reciepts....has 10 months mot on it but he said make him an offer..... what do you think its worth and then i will make an offer based on that figure..

also what is the insurance like as we currently have a passat 1.8 turbo which is group 15 and didnt really want insurance costs going up to much..

thanks

dave

ask him how much he's looking for then offer less
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Have a good shop around for your insurance. It is really remarkable how much it varies, but you should get a pretty reasonable quote.

I think a '95 3ltr is about as robust a truck as you can get, I wouldn't turn a hair at 135k

Comment

Originally posted by crosser
        ive been offered a 1995 m reg toyota surf 3.0td ssr-x ...its in dark green and is pretty good condition just a few small scratches and inside smells of dogs (dont mind the smell as my 2 dogs will be going in it)....done 135,000km but hes lost service history but looks like its been looked after...clean oil and some reciepts....has 10 months mot on it but he said make him an offer..... what do you think its worth and then i will make an offer based on that figure..

also what is the insurance like as we currently have a passat 1.8 turbo which is group 15 and didnt really want insurance costs going up to much..

thanks

dave
        have a look around on ebay and auto trader to give you and idea on what its worth then offer less and see if they bite. if you go off road/greenlaning you may get more scratches. As already said shop around as your area age no claims all make a difference.
        BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

hi, thanks for all your comments...just rang him and he said £2500 is that a fair price?

Comment

you certainly got yourself a bargain
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Good price I reckon.

If you think it's straght up I'd go for it

Comment

why are you still here? GO GET IT!!!
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

you wont believe this but i just rang him and said i will give him £1700 cash for it first thing in the morning and he said yes......so excited now.....only just finished jumping up and down,,,,

Comment

1700 cash. Thats ridiculous. It's worth twice that.

If it's not hooky you get shopper of the year award.

Anyone got a 3 liter they want to sell me that cheap?

Comment

Dont it want to make yer want to spit, Paid 2900 for mine on a K and it was a bad starter, theres never anyone around like that when im buying,
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I'll sell my 95 3L for £1000

plus, a environmental removal charge off my drive of £5000
                        hehe

Comment

Originally posted by crosser
                          you wont believe this but i just rang him and said i will give him £1700 cash for it first thing in the morning and he said yes......so excited now.....only just finished jumping up and down,,,,
                          I would say that could me worth as much as 3 times what you are paying! Ill give you £2000 for it and you have made a profit
                          Kite Surf

Comment

My 2.4 is group 14 if I remember correctly.

p.s. If the seller wanted £2500, why is he snatching £1700 out of your pocket? Tread carefully I think. Have the truck looked over, especially as the service book is "lost".

Comment

its a sound truck as it belongs to a family members friend and my best pal moted it in december....he said it was a sound truck thats why i paid an interest in it....the reason for sale was hes just brought a newer one and hes minted so doesnt exactly need the cash.... but i will check chassis numbers etc in the morning...

Comment

Working...
                              X