Unusual tailgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual tailgate

Just been browsing the Spanish Surf forum and found this photo of 'Blizzards' truck. I've never seen this style tailgate on any Surf or 4Runner and they are a much more neater design. Are they only available to Spanish Surfs/4Runners, 'cos I want one!
    Attached Files

actually it looks better than mine
    never really liked the reversing light set-up anyway

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Just been browsing the Spanish Surf forum and found this photo of 'Blizzards' truck. I've never seen this style tailgate on any Surf or 4Runner and they are a much more neater design. Are they only available to Spanish Surfs/4Runners, 'cos I want one!
      Is that not the same as the UK 4Runners? Looks the same to me.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Hokay....I know I'm dumb but what you getting excited about apart from the missing central reversing lights

Comment

Is it?! To be honest, I've never seen the rear of the U.K. 4Runner, only the U.S. one.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
            Hokay....I know I'm dumb but what you getting excited about apart from the missing central reversing lights
            The long horizontal license plate light set-up. Makes the rear of the truck look wider and neater.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              The long horizontal license plate light set-up. Makes the rear of the truck look wider and neater.
              Completely agree with you there, when I was looking for my first Surf, I held out for one with the rear wheel carrier because for me the tailgate was the only portion of the truck I didn't like. I thought it looked too American.
              Last edited by Morr; 23 February 2006, 15:28.
              Maurice
              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

flushed

I saw a surf on sunday at catterick market with a flushed back panel but was'nt sure if I liked it or not

Comment

Hey, if someone wants to swap the tailgate...

Here we haven't 4Runners with rear tire carrier

A friend of mine achieved one off a English Surf wrecked in Spain...

I think you can transform your non-tire carrier tailgates to one like mine by simply removing the reverse lights and putting a pair of lenses with it in the body.

Roughtrax have ones very cool, someday I'll buy that with reverse light, reflector and clear turn signal, not the full clean version.

David

PS: Very old pic of my truck BTW

PS2: Newer one:

'94 4Runner 3.0TD - SAS'ed on 35's

Comment

I've painted mine to make it look better (I think) but I prefer the look of yours.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I`m living in the costa del sol and did`nt even know there was a spanish forum.... doh
                      mind you i`ve not mastered the language yet so would only be able to look at the piccy`s
                      Ian

Comment

That's what I did, just looked for the photos.

http://miarroba.com/foros/ver.php?id=463917

Comment

All the UK/Euro 4Runners are like that, they are nice looking. Plus you get a fog light in the tailgate that you can't knock of as well.

The US trucks are same as Surfs.
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

gonna have a mooch around the site now vince, thanx for the link
                            Ian

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                              All the UK/Euro 4Runners are like that, they are nice looking. Plus you get a fog light in the tailgate that you can't knock of as well.

The US trucks are same as Surfs.
                              Is the wiring for that light present in all the looms? I quite like the look of that, and as I have to replace the fog ligt (usual reason), it would be nice to be able to put it somewhere less at risk
                              Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Working...
                              X