A bit tail happy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit tail happy?

I have a Gen 3 3.0 manual, I find mine very tail happy with the rear ready to slide out at the mearest hint of acceleration out of a bend with the raod anythinmg les than perfectly dry. I'm not talking of really booting it here, just brisk acceleration. It bit again today for no real reason, its very controlable just lift a bit and it all straightens up but it does make me a bit cautious through the bends....I like to pick and choose where and when to off road.

Does anyone else find this or could we have something amiss at the back? Last time I had it serviced the mech said it was in excellent nick, I also had the rear springs changed to stiffer ones for towing so I would have thought the mech would have flogged me new bushes if they were a bit knackered.
    Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Originally posted by TJG
    I have a Gen 3 3.0 manual, I find mine very tail happy with the rear ready to slide out at the mearest hint of acceleration out of a bend with the raod anythinmg les than perfectly dry. I'm not talking of really booting it here, just brisk acceleration. It bit again today for no real reason, its very controlable just lift a bit and it all straightens up but it does make me a bit cautious through the bends....I like to pick and choose where and when to off road.

Does anyone else find this or could we have something amiss at the back? Last time I had it serviced the mech said it was in excellent nick, I also had the rear springs changed to stiffer ones for towing so I would have thought the mech would have flogged me new bushes if they were a bit knackered.
    i found with mine it had winter duelers on and they were on it when it came over
    and they were **** in wet weather and would spin if i tried accelerating to quick
    but with the colway AT's on they they stick like s--t to the road
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

You may find stiffer springs than standard makes it more tail-happy when not loaded up or towing.
      Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by TJG

mine is just the same she kicked out last saturday the mrs was less than impressed lol she still to this day think's i did it on purpose, think it is more to do with puting your foot down than the speed you are going
        www.floatingpontoonsolutions.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

Mine isn't tail happy enough! think i'm too used to my previous car still. The thing that annoys me is it only lights up the inside tyre, how much is an LSD for these things anyway?

cheers,

Mart
          Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

I encourage mine to step out a bit now and then but must admit it's got a habit of doing it at the wrong time !

It's wearing Apache AT's at the moment - are they crepe ?

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts
              Hi,

Mine isn't tail happy enough! think i'm too used to my previous car still. The thing that annoys me is it only lights up the inside tyre, how much is an LSD for these things anyway?

cheers,

Mart
              You can get a genuine LSD for around £1200 or replace the internals with a detroit LSD for around £400 (plus fitting) for milners
              BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Originally posted by TJG

You'll probably be better off with some different tyres, don't ask me which ones though as mine are Jap ones, and, if yours aren't already this, you might want to lower the tyre pressures on the back to about 30, maybe 32 with some weight to see if that helps.
                As for the best tyres, ask some of the lads here as they will have a good idea and alot more experience than me.
                I thought I would just let you know what works with mine which is good in the corners and has only slid a couple of times on sharp bends and even that was in really heavy rain.
                If you don't have any joy with any of this it might be time to buy some more underpants!!

Good luck

Comment

I've heard that Jodie Marsh is tail happy!

Comment

yeah her rear end`s always slippin out too
                    Ian

Comment

and her heads always going!

Comment

rear pipe`s a big bore now hee hee
                        Ian

Comment

Originally posted by SURFVIRGIN
                          rear pipe`s a big bore now hee hee
                          One serious dump valve!!
                          Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Who'd have thought that an 'E' list celebrity has an affinity to a 2.4 Surf?

Comment

Rebush with a leg of lamb, It'll feel like a new one!
                              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                              X