No announcement yet.

Manual or Auto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all your views on here, I am test driving tommorow, Is there anything you would point out to be looking for before I make a deal?

It is a 3.0 TD SSR-G AUTO on a P reg and has done about 60k (Brit miles) all looks nice to me?

I will be bringing a family mechanic with me on the view.

Comment

As it's a P Reg that should be a 3rd Gen. Basically, make sure everything works, especially the 4WD which on a 3rd gen you can try out on tarmac as it has a centre diff, unlike 1st & 2nd Gen vehicles. If you're not happy, walk away as there are now plenty of good ones out there. If buying from a dealer, you'll get minimum 3 months warranty.
      Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
        Blue Autos work very well for me and i would never change!!
        Good job you told me what colour it was Cris.
        Nothing wrong wiv a Grey-ish Manual is there ? Olden but Golden !!!!!!!!
        And no I'm not Volentteerin to wash it, just in case you were thinkin of askin !

There's always a Payback.... You just don't see it Comin !!!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
          Thanks for all your views on here, I am test driving tommorow, Is there anything you would point out to be looking for before I make a deal?

It is a 3.0 TD SSR-G AUTO on a P reg and has done about 60k (Brit miles) all looks nice to me?

I will be bringing a family mechanic with me on the view.
          P reg will be3rd gen. Mine is a manual, but they are hard to get hold of. 60k miles is a bit on the steep side, mine only has 26k & I have put 10k of them on, even my Pajero previously only had 35k, look around for a fresh import it will have much lower milage,which you can get checked out to see if it has gone down from the auction. It is also good to see the auction sheet as well, it is in jap but they are a standard layout which you can find on the net of you look, sorry I have lost the addresses when my PC turned its toes up.
          Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
            Not muddy enough- I can still see it's blue!

It got covered some more later ... 2 hours with a jet wash and the blue was just starting to show
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

You should have blasted it for a while longer to get that loverly burgandy to shine through.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                You should have blasted it for a while longer to get that loverly burgandy to shine through.

Do they use Burgandy primer ???? Oh well i surpose it has to be usefull for something
                Last edited by Woodzie; 22 February 2006, 12:10.
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

D'oh!

Comment

Unbiased opinion

I have just gone through the process of purchasing a Surf here in Christchurch, New Zealand and I thoroughly investigated both options and chose a manual 3.0 litre diesel turbo. So here's why;

1. It is the most economical model to drive, visit www.fuelsaver.govt.nz to verify.
                    2. The foreman at Cable Price is a good friend and A-grade diesel mechanic and his advice was manual as they are less likely to cost you money down the track.
                    3. I still enjoy the act of driving!
                    4. You have more control off road.

On the negative side they are harder to find and here in NZ and you pay $1000 to $2000 more for a manual.

Comment

Working...
                    X