And so it begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so it begins

I have been outside all day stripping the plumbing of my old girl ready for the the new head.I would have had the head off by now but the trouble with working out in the street is that every bugga wants to know what your doing and what happend and how they used to stuff like that back in 1960.So I recon thatout of the 8 hours I was outside I actually did about 4 hours work.I did however make 1 amazing discovery and that is I am to short to work on surfs.I had to stand on a box to reach some of the bolts.Still with a bit of luck the head will be off tomorrow maybe.

Oh yeah does anyone want an aircon unit,pump,rads and pipes from my 1st gen.1st come first served.
    Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:28.
    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

As mentioned in the oil filler cap thread, even 5' 10" is too short to work on a Surf. I stand on my A-bar, side steps, tyres.

I found a cows nest (milk crate) in a ditch. That is very handy for me, when washing the roof of the truck and for painting ceilings indoors.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
      I did however make 1 amazing discovery and that is I am to short to work on surfs.I had to stand on a box to reach some of the bolts.
      Just watch that you don't slip and fall in mate - with all that plumbing stripped off the 'old girl' she might not be able to pull you out again
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
        Just watch that you don't slip and fall in mate - with all that plumbing stripped off the 'old girl' she might not be able to pull you out again
        Take the front wheels off and lower it down onto 2 4"x4" blocks of wood ( fence posts). Its then about as high as a normal car.

Comment

At least you had a good day to do it on ...there is nothing worst than surf repairs in the rain
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

same thing ere M8...head gasket gone....can't be done til March 6th...

so i'm running around at mo in a transit that was probably used to load up the ARK !!!
            Last edited by 30Surfer; 18 February 2006, 20:50. Reason: err cos

Comment

I would have had the head off by now but the trouble with working out in the street is that every bugga wants to know what your doing and what happend and how they used to stuff like that back in 1960.So I recon thatout of the 8 hours I was outside I actually did about 4 hours work. .
              Or people like me phoning you up .
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

hat is I am to short to work on surfs.I had to stand on a box to reach some of the bolts.
                I have an old wooden stool, and when I stand on that i am almost exactly 3/16" from reaching everything.........

Comment

Ok so the head if off and here are the piccies.Shouls no3 pot have white mold type suff in it or would that be caused by standing for a week.
                  Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:28.

Comment

wow, look, Rockers!!!! Didn't realise the Sumo mobile was that different from 2L/T's

Good job, the white stuff is just bacteria noshing on your veg oil residues where its sat for a while

It pee'd with rain all day here!! No out door work to be done.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                      wow, look, Rockers!!!! Didn't realise the Sumo mobile was that different from 2L/T's

Good job, the white stuff is just bacteria noshing on your veg oil residues where its sat for a while

It pee'd with rain all day here!! No out door work to be done.
                      Ah maybe that will answer the question of why is the head that Stevo sent me look different from the one I got and what do I do next?????

Comment

Ah maybe that will answer the question of why is the head that Stevo sent me look different from the one I got and what do I do next?????
                        hehe oops!

what you do next is call Stevo and ask him nicely to send you the really old type OHV 2L head

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                          hehe oops!

what you do next is call Stevo and ask him nicely to send you the really old type OHV 2L head

And will that work or are you just being agest.

Comment

The piccy size are to big for me to view clearly.They is all fuzzy .White stuff is no prob , as Big T said .
                            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

And will that work or are you just being agest.
                              hehe, me? any sort 'ist? nah......

LN50 and 60's are OHC but with rockers, LN80 and on are OHC on top of the valves according this Ozzy book I have here.

Whats yours?

Comment

Working...
                              X