Bio Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bio Diesel

i no this has been done to death and i have tryed the search button but can find anything on a third gen.i have found a local garage that sells 5% and 50% mix bio diesel would it be ok to use on a third gen 3.0td with out any mods cheers peeps
    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

I think Morr has been using it for a long time with no adverse affects.

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa
      i no this has been done to death and i have tryed the search button but can find anything on a third gen.i have found a local garage that sells 5% and 50% mix bio diesel would it be ok to use on a third gen 3.0td with out any mods cheers peeps

Where is the garage as i would like to try it and i can not find anywhere in wiltshire that sells bio-diesel
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Wrington Motors Limited
        School Road
        Wrington
        Bristol
        BS40 5NA
        tel: 01934 862297 5% & 50% blends Ford Fuel Oils

it is bye bristol airport but cant find any down your way

you click on the map and it will give you a list in that area
        http://www.biodieselfillingstations.co.uk/outlets.htm
        I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Wrington Motors Limited
          School Road
          Wrington
          Bristol
          BS40 5NA
          tel: 01934 862297 5% & 50% blends Ford Fuel Oils

it is bye bristol airport but cant find any down your way

you click on the map and it will give you a list in that area
          http://www.biodieselfillingstations.co.uk/outlets.htm
          How much did they charge per litre?

Also found on that link they do mail order? Not sure how my posty would feel about lugging a hundred litres of it up my drive ever month!

Biodiesel By Mail Order
          Pure Biodiesel Ltd
          The Green Shed
          Station Road Industrial Estate
          South Woodchester
          Stroud
          GL5 5EQ
          tel: 01453 872266

Comment

If its a proper Biodiesel/diesel blend (ie using Biodiesel made by transesterification of vegetable oil) then you can use any percentage of Biodiesel up to 100% in your Surf without worry (weather permitting, might be dodgy at 100% when at or near zero). If its any other form of "Biodiesel" then the answer of course depends on what it actually is.

That's the beauty of proper Biodiesel, works at any ratio in any diesel engine, provided there is no natural rubber in any hoses or seals (Surf in common with all newer diesels are OK in this regard). Its not as 'green' as using pure veggie but still better that DinoDiesel

Originally posted by Bushwacker
            I think Morr has been using it for a long time with no adverse affects.
            Haven't actually used Biodiesel, I stick to the Straight Vegetable Oil (SVO), but..... I have a growing stock of used oil in a 40 gallon drum in the shed, just waiting for me to experiment with, gotta make some Bio out of that methinks
            Either way, Biodiesel is potentially a lot less harmful to engines in general than SVO is.
            Last edited by Morr; 15 February 2006, 13:27.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

If it's real bio blend there selling it's worth buying a couple of fuel filters. Bio tends to be very good at losening any crud thats in the fuel system which can plug the filter in extream cases, on the plus side it also cleans your injectors. So I sugest you swap your filter after the first tankful and keep a spare in the car just in case - worth doing in any case bio or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge
                How much did they charge per litre?

Also found on that link they do mail order? Not sure how my posty would feel about lugging a hundred litres of it up my drive ever month!

Biodiesel By Mail Order
                Pure Biodiesel Ltd
                The Green Shed
                Station Road Industrial Estate
                South Woodchester
                Stroud
                GL5 5EQ
                tel: 01453 872266
                http://www.purebiodiesel.co.uk/mailorder.htm

Biodiesel By Mail Order If you would like to just try some Biodiesel – whether you use it as 100% or blend it with fossil diesel in your tank … you can buy 25 litre* containers from us at Pure Biodiesel. The costs for this (including all taxes and delivery) are: Anywhere in Gloucestershire 25 litres at £1.12 per litre (inc. VAT) - i.e. Total price for 25 litres is £28.00 (inc. VAT) delivered Anywhere in England and South Eastern parts of Scotland 25 litres at £1.45 per litre (inc. VAT) i.e. Total price for 25 litres is £36.25 (inc. VAT) delivered Outside of these areas – please ask us for a quote * Currently only 25 litre containers are available. Note: Price would drop if container could somehow be returned and re-used To arrange a delivery please email us or telephone 01453 872266 (between 09:15 and 13:00).

Comment

Originally posted by hawkwind
                  Yes, I saw the mail order price!

Just wondered how much from a supplier if you drove and filled up.

Comment

Working...
                  X