Electric Ariel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Ariel

Just bought a £22 electric ariel from Maplins and if you ditch all the washers and use the ones from the original ariel it fits. Far cheaper than buying a toyota replacement. Only thing is they are a bit tight on the lead to the radio it was about 6 inches short.

Thats no problem, just mount your radio in the glove box!

Comment

Originally posted by pete27
      Just bought a £22 electric ariel from Maplins and if you ditch all the washers and use the ones from the original ariel it fits. Far cheaper than buying a toyota replacement. Only thing is they are a bit tight on the lead to the radio it was about 6 inches short.
      You can get short extension leads, Try halfrauds or maplins, failing that I know that your local VW or Audi dealer definetly sells them as i used to sell loads and they are about 8" long.

Paul
      DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
        You can get short extension leads, Try halfrauds or maplins, failing that I know that your local VW or Audi dealer definetly sells them as i used to sell loads and they are about 8" long.

Paul
        Managed to make one of me own but Glove box solution not acceptable as wifey would be able to control music.

Comment

Hi Pete, Would you happen to have a maplins part no for that aeriel?, Knowing
          the bunch at our branch they'll probably try to flog me a fishing rod,
          Vince! Not another one in "one of those moods" Is this catching?
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Found that aeriel on their site, It says it comes with 13m of screened cabel!
            That must be a misprint if its too short for your truck, However as i just got the centre dash and sterio back in today and not wanting to yank it all out again just to change the jacks over i intend to cut the cable and join the new aeriel cable to it, Is there a notable loss of reception or interfearance
            in doing this? Using a proper joiner, Also did you connect to the existing
            aeriel loom and did it work ok Cheers ian
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

could wire into the existing loom as the connecter is under the front wing, I did it the lazy way and just connected off the radio unit. Cable I just made a joint and reception is fine

Comment

Working...
              X