Changeover to new server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changeover to new server

I will be taking down the server for about 1 hour this morning at 10:30 to changeover to the new server. Please bear with me as it will also take sone time to move all of the forum attachments over so some picture may come up as blank for a while.

Originally posted by lucky
    I will be taking down the server for about 1 hour this morning at 10:30 to changeover to the new server. Please bear with me as it will also take sone time to move all of the forum attachments over so some picture may come up as blank for a while.
    Back up and running now.

Comment

I must compliment the management on their swift and efficient work. And the revised look

Thanks for your hard work, providing this much loved and appreciated forum
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Looking good Lucky.

The only problem I have had is that my old desk top shortcut won't work anymore, so I had to find my way back through another route. Maybe there are others who think the server is still down.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Took me forever to persuade my PC that the new site worked, just kept getting the old page saying forum is moving, I deleted all cookies, cleared the old files AND it still didn't work, Only after turning the damn machine off, and then clearing everything and now it works again!!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          Looking good Lucky.

The only problem I have had is that my old desk top shortcut won't work anymore, so I had to find my way back through another route. Maybe there are others who think the server is still down.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

It's not just me being a chuffing technophobe then?
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

I had to power down my Broadband router as it seems to have some kind of cache in it. Ket looking at the old site and saying the forum was down, only after powering down the router and switching on again did it start to look at the new site. And I was the one doing the changeover as well so I know you might have had problems. sorry and all that but should be worth it.

Comment

Working...
              X