T Belt Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T Belt Light

When i took the instruments out a while back i noticed the t belt and filter
    warning bulbs and holders were missing, Got it back in yesterday with new
    bulbs in and guess what! there both on all the time, So some SOB has removed em rather than replace the belt, Easier to sell it i suppose also looked like it'd been clocked judging by the small gouges on the number reels,
    So next job is replace the belt! Christ knows how long its been like that, Just checking, Is milners ok ? about how much? and i take it its best to replace all the belts while ive got it down, Do they need the engine no as its not on the log book and ill have to find it or is 2.4 LN130 good enough,
    First testing of the leds is looking ok though, Ill have many happy hours playing with them (sad git), Wont post pics on here though for fear of upsetting the anti bling lobby, I dont want to go the same way as SSRX3LT
    thingy, Ill post em on electricle, Ta Guys, Ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Originally posted by ian619
    When i took the instruments out a while back i noticed the t belt and filter
    warning bulbs and holders were missing, Got it back in yesterday with new
    bulbs in and guess what! there both on all the time, So some SOB has removed em rather than replace the belt, Easier to sell it i suppose also looked like it'd been clocked judging by the small gouges on the number reels,
    So next job is replace the belt! Christ knows how long its been like that, Just checking, Is milners ok ? about how much? and i take it its best to replace all the belts while ive got it down, Do they need the engine no as its not on the log book and ill have to find it or is 2.4 LN130 good enough,
    First testing of the leds is looking ok though, Ill have many happy hours playing with them (sad git), Wont post pics on here though for fear of upsetting the anti bling lobby, I dont want to go the same way as SSRX3LT
    thingy, Ill post em on electricle, Ta Guys, Ian
    Not saying there aren't some dishonest sods around , but I would have thought it was easier just to trip the reset button
    Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

I just asked the local car spares place for a 1991 Toyota 2.4 diesel cam belt and it fit o.k.

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
        Not saying there aren't some dishonest sods around , but I would have thought it was easier just to trip the reset button
        Thats cos they are stupid as well as dishonest!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

same prob

I recently changed my speedo from km to mph but when I put it back together the t belt light was on but as stevo only rebuilt it just before xmas I think it is a fault at the bulb end???

Comment

Nope, you probably accidently knocked the button, as I did when I changed my speedo face. Just remove the rubber bung on the front of the clocks and use a long matchstick or similar to press the button, this will reset the light to off.

Comment

when i changed my speedo face and the t/belt light came on i rang the garage and he said as soon as the clocks were dis-connected then the light will come on and it was just a case of resetting it but that was b4 i found this site
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Cheers everyone! Yes i did knock that reset switch wilst i was working on it,
                Ill try resetting it again, Ill still change the belts though as ive no idea when
                it was last done (if ever) Still wonder why someone would go to the trouble of
                removing the bulbs, Suspect it was done when the speedo face was changed,
                Thers a lot of screwdrive gouge marks all over it, Whoever did it didn't
                know how to take the dash apart (scroats)

Comment

Just in case you have not done it yet, drain the fuel filter or change it. Light on means water in filter. Water is very bad for injectors.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                    Just in case you have not done it yet, drain the fuel filter or change it. Light on means water in filter. Water is very bad for injectors.

Nev
                    No mate havn't done it yet, Will do though Cheers Ian

Comment

Working...
                    X