Help yourself.Help yoursurf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help yourself.Help yoursurf.

Got my new Milners 20% stronger rear spring coils and front & rear anti-roll bushes on today-what a difference! Far less wallow, it loves corners and the ride quality...amazing to think that it cost me 4 hours and £90 for bits and next day delivery. <strong>FELLOW NEWBIES: DON'T BE AFRAID OF DOING IT YOURSELF</STRONG>

I have had no training in mechanics except for some banger-racing last year, but the Surf is remarkably easy to work on-it's got plenty of space underneath to get in, most nuts and bolts are standard sizes all round(you don't need many different sized spanners!), and it's the best way to get to know your car. And save shed-loads of money at your local garage or, dare I say it? a Toyota garage.....

Go on-pick up some (oil, air, fuel) filters to get in the mood, and keep looking on here for more things to do!

I remain, as always,

Gonzo

Good for you! I too have saved a packet thanks to a bit of dirty work and the advice of the people on here.

I noticed today that my ar$e end looked a bit baggy - due no doubt to the 15m2 of tiles, three buckets of adhesive and four bags of grout - but nonetheless I think I will be making use of some Milners springs soon!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

You are right Dr. Changing the springs makes such a difference. If it's a DIY job you get that glow of satisfaction and a larger bulge..................in your wallet.

I have got servicing mine (air filter, oil filter, oil drain = refill, diesel filter and all the nipples) down to 1 Hr 10 Mins. I was allergic to spanners before I joined the forum.

Do as the man says. Have a go.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
      X