Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Newbie saying Hi

Hi ALL
    I've been hovering around the forums for a week or two now and finally all the craziness got to me and I went out and bought my first Surf tonite, a 1994 SSR-X in Burgundy. Now I know what every body means about the 'Big Grin' The advice in the forums was great in helping me know what to look for, and I look forward to years of surf madness.
    Thanks Guys
    KevP

Originally posted by KevP
    Hi ALL
    I've been hovering around the forums for a week or two now and finally all the craziness got to me and I went out and bought my first Surf tonite, a 1994 SSR-X in Burgundy. Now I know what every body means about the 'Big Grin' The advice in the forums was great in helping me know what to look for, and I look forward to years of surf madness.
    Thanks Guys
    KevP

Hi and welcome to the mad house
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Howdy Kev. Burgandy you say..........welcome to the elite club.

Comment

You mean 'dark pink'?
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          You mean 'dark pink'?
          Jealousy Jealousy

Comment

Welcome to the madhouse............Burgundy you say?? Its OK but not as good as BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Ricksurf
              Welcome to the madhouse............Burgundy you say?? Its OK but not as good as BLUE
              I agree, if burgundy is superior how come 90% of surfs on ebay are dark pink burgundy?
              Kite Surf

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
                I agree, if burgundy is superior how come 90% of surfs on ebay are dark pink burgundy?
                Because the owners have upgraded to a newer BURGUNDY one, and being generous, sophisticated people, they kindly allow drivers of other, lesser colours to upgrade to a burgundy Surf as well eg 1997 3ltr SSRG in blue is allowed to upgrade to a 1992 SSR 2.4 in burgundy.

Oh, and Kev?

Welcome to the nut house - they're all mad here except me, or so the voices tell me...
                Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
                  Because the owners have upgraded to a newer BURGUNDY one, and being generous, sophisticated people, they kindly allow drivers of other, lesser colours to upgrade to a burgundy Surf as well eg 1997 3ltr SSRG in blue is allowed to upgrade to a 1992 SSR 2.4 in burgundy.

Oh, and Kev?

Welcome to the nut house - they're all mad here except me, or so the voices tell me...
                  Welcome friend, unfortunatly you have witnessed a classic example of the reasoning power of 'bug' owners - a '97 to a '92 is an upgrade?....a 2.4 to a 3.0 like wise? I think not. Not even a politician could make that one sound right!!
                  All blue owners can now, I think, rest their case
                  Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                  Tony

Comment

Hi Kev
                    mine is burgerindidy for the next couple of weeks seeing as I just washed it.
                    I'm just up the road from you ......

Comment

BURGUNDY paintwork is the 1st Sign of RUST.
                      BLUE SURFS are the BEST
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                        BURGUNDY paintwork is the 1st Sign of RUST.
                        BLUE SURFS are the BEST
                        I agree. I test drove two burgundy surfs before buying my blue one. In comparison they are slow and smell funny! Although as I have said here before colour doesn't exist, only absorbed or reflected light!

Comment

Welcome to the world of surfizum Kev,you do realize that now we got you there is NO escape,as for colour well you will soon come to understand the the top colour coat is realy just the undercoat for the final finnish coat which is
                          MUD ALL OVER

unless your one of those folk who like to do it the hard way and try to wash the colour off.
                          If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Greetings .....Wait till you play with it off road the gets bigger

still mud over blue
                            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys
                              Looks like I'm here for the duration

Comment

Working...
                              X