X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmrc

The nice people at HMRC have sent me a letter with the sentence and i quote
    "This is a follow up letter as part of an exercise to check that newcomers
    (10 months ago) to excise procedures are not encountering any problems. Even sent me pre paid envelope. HOW NICE AND THOUGHTFUL THESE PEOPLE ARE. In no other country would you get such a nice letter then stick a knife in your back.
    The questions that follow, mean unless you are using transesterifation your buggered.
    I do not, if asked to pay back duty, have any intention of paying, as i specifically rang up at the time and was told by them, on how to fill the form.
    Has anyone tried this or quoted the fact that an EU directive says the use of veg/bio diesel should attract lower duty etc, or will they just put me on higher rate?
    Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

Unfortunately, the EU directive only "allows member countries to proceed with detaxation", it does not mandate it.

It is therefore not compulsory, so you can bet your shirt that those thieving b@$t@rd$ won't lower the tax here, not until they are forced to.

Any chance of posting a scan of the letter here?
    Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

I got the same letter Phil so it looks like we're both doomed!
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

what bu&&ers!

wish they would reverse this decision, a lot of people seem to be fighting it, and getting nowhere.

still cant believe they can force people to pay back-tax, due to their incompetence!
        Landcruiser Colorado
        Sub. Forester

Comment

Been reading up on this on the Goat Industries forum - it would appear that HMRC are sticking to their guns, refusing to accept SVO in the face of all the evidence, and are inviting people to take them to court

Of course, no-one has yet stepped up to the plate to take on a government department in court, as they can't afford it

They are also, apparently, using the back tax threat as an incentive to get people to knuckle under - "if you accept this, we won't press for the back tax and interest".

I couldn't have posted this last night after reading - I would have put fingers through the keyboard, I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO p!ssed off...
          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
            Been reading up on this on the Goat Industries forum - it would appear that HMRC are sticking to their guns, refusing to accept SVO in the face of all the evidence, and are inviting people to take them to court

Of course, no-one has yet stepped up to the plate to take on a government department in court, as they can't afford it

They are also, apparently, using the back tax threat as an incentive to get people to knuckle under - "if you accept this, we won't press for the back tax and interest".

I couldn't have posted this last night after reading - I would have put fingers through the keyboard, I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO p!ssed off...
            The Fmug Suckers are stalling & trying to bribe us into submission, that is untill they find a LEGAL way to Rob us blind again !!!

There's always a Pay back.... You just can't see it comin !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
            X