guaranteed MPG figures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guaranteed MPG figures!

I guess it doesn't get anymore accurate than that, Linda ran out of diesel in her truck today, with 305 miles on the trip after a full tank.

Which according my iffy maths is 65 liters (assuming thats our tank size)=14.29 gallons=21mpg. With is quite OK, considering we STILL (oops) have quite a bad leak from No4 injector, I did most of the M3 last night at, lets say, substansially over the speed limit (Don't tell Linda, she was asleep!) and only about 180 miles was on the motorway.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Originally posted by TonyN
    I guess it doesn't get anymore accurate than that, Linda ran out of diesel in her truck today, with 305 miles on the trip after a full tank.

Which according my iffy maths is 65 liters (assuming thats our tank size)=14.29 gallons=21mpg. With is quite OK, considering we STILL (oops) have quite a bad leak from No4 injector, I did most of the M3 last night at, lets say, substansially over the speed limit (Don't tell Linda, she was asleep!) and only about 180 miles was on the motorway.

So where did Linda run out of diesel, are you able to sit?

Could be a double whammy after reading this, speeding and leaving her with no diesel 0h and not fixing the leak.

Or was it done to resolve the MPG question once and for all?
    Perhaps you could resolve the major issue of Red is best?

Steve
    Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Originally posted by Esamed
      So where did Linda run out of diesel, are you able to sit?

Could be a double whammy after reading this, speeding and leaving her with no diesel 0h and not fixing the leak.

Steve
      Yeah, I get $hit about all the work needing doing to her truck, while others turn up and go home all fixed!! :shrug:

She walked to a garage and brought a can and some derv and sorted it herself.

Comment

Thats what I like to see a woman who can sort herself out.

leave it long enough then they have to it themselves.
        Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Yeah, I get $hit about all the work needing doing to her truck, while others turn up and go home all fixed!! :shrug:

Wow! You get it too?
          I get exactly the same grief, but it's to do with houses.
          Fixing up other peoples, neglectful of ours.

Comment

wait till july tony it gets worse mate
            psssssst hope linda's not watchin
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

Linda ran out of diesel when she was asleep??

Comment

Excuse me gents....

It was my fault I ran out, not Tony's. I'd been running on empty and pushed my luck a bit too far. So I hopped out, wandered down to Sainsburys, bought 5 litres and a can, walked back, filled her up, pumped the fuel pump a few times, and the Bullet Roared back to life.

Then we went to Sainsbury's and put in another 55 litres. That filled her full, so she must have a 60L tank (which I've never heard of but I'm not arguing with the facts).

So 305 miles - 60 litres = just slightly over 23mpg.

And no Tony didn't get in the $hit this time.... mind you that fuel leak really does need fixing, and the new lift needs doing, and the rear window needs mending and the CB needs connecting, and the new wheels and tres need to go on, and the new steering idler arm needs fitting, and the prop shaft UJ's need changing...........
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

That's still good mpg though....isn't it?! At last i am coming to the end of my third tank of diesel......ever...... and i have just found out my fuel light works with 395kms on the clock. Am i right in saying that means i have two litres left? I don't think that makes my mpg too good.

Comment

CB

do people still use them for comunicating on and not playing their latest favourite radio 1 tune thats been played to death....or god forbid they might even be abke to string a sentance together without some form of expletive....
                    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by charliemuttley
                      That's still good mpg though....isn't it?! At last i am coming to the end of my third tank of diesel......ever...... and i have just found out my fuel light works with 395kms on the clock. Am i right in saying that means i have two litres left? I don't think that makes my mpg too good.
                      Fuel light will come on when you have 9 litres left, not 2. So says the owner's manual anyway.
                      _______
                      /_/ _ | 0\__
                      \,...__,..._ /
                      _(o)__(o)_

Comment

9 litres......perhaps i was thinking of two gallons, that would make sense. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by charliemuttley

Thats 245miles, which is about 18.5mpg. In the real world, that's not all bad to be honest, for general driving around. You could easily squeeze that up to 20 with less go pedal, even more on the motorway. Plus whats left in the tank, we've got another 20miles once the light has been on in the past which would get you up to 20mpg anyway.

Comment

Yep, just put 54 litres dead in it, with 399km on clock. Easy maths to 20 mpg! Finally closure.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                              Excuse me gents....

It was my fault I ran out, not Tony's. I'd been running on empty and pushed my luck a bit too far. So I hopped out, wandered down to Sainsburys, bought 5 litres and a can, walked back, filled her up, pumped the fuel pump a few times, and the Bullet Roared back to life.

Then we went to Sainsbury's and put in another 55 litres. That filled her full, so she must have a 60L tank (which I've never heard of but I'm not arguing with the facts).

So 305 miles - 60 litres = just slightly over 23mpg.

And no Tony didn't get in the $hit this time.... mind you that fuel leak really does need fixing, and the new lift needs doing, and the rear window needs mending and the CB needs connecting, and the new wheels and tres need to go on, and the new steering idler arm needs fitting, and the prop shaft UJ's need changing...........
                              Wasn't he gonna do you some sliders too??.....not that I would want to stir it up or anything....

Comment

Working...
                              X