Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surfstar
    Tony i will be booking mine in for July
    Not till the end of July I hope, we're getting married on the 1st, then off on honeymoon for 2 weeks.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Tony, would you be offended if I had a go at building a nice shiny new website for you? im bored with mine and want a new project... i'm sure I could come up with something pretty nice... might help with business credentials thats all.

i advise my corporate clients on their websites for a living. i have another corp project on the go http://www.mooter23.f2s.com/ at the moment, it's just a little project for a friends startup but I think it's getting there. only a few of the pages are uploaded at mo (click around a bit...)

this is just my professional opinion, but I think a more business looking website would really help install trust in customers that may not have had much contact with the forum. I also dont think you're selling yourself enough on there to be honest.

you have servicing, metalwork, diagnostic and a whole host of other skills. I would need to consult you on the content, and we'd have to draw up a sitemap and put some thought in initially but I think it will help you in the long run.

at the moment your site IS your shop. i'm happy to have a go and if you like it you can use it... i'll even maintain it if you like.
      I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Cool! Isn't you MOT different from over here? I have a guy in the village who does my MOT's, but he's just gone all computerised, and its a pain in the arse now.
        Yup, ours is totally a governmental thing!

You book it in the "DOE" testing centre and wait for them to crawl up it's exhaust with a magnifying glass!

Most people pay the £35.00 fee and let the DOE tell them what is wrong with the car!

Then they get it fixed and pay the £35.00 fee again to get the MOT!

They let nothing at all go!

I once had a car fail because of the paintwork!!!!

Apparently it has to be a certain percentage of original colour, I had a new unpainted bonnet, wings and drivers door!

Trouble is it's about 6/8 weeks between the booking and the actual test.

It was recently as long as a 4 month wait, they had to issue a certificates to people who had "applied" for the test!

WHAT ****S THEY ARE!

Whats next? a certificate to show you have a certificate to show the test is applied for?

It is a TOTAL and UTTER pain in the cahonies!

Much easier to drive to Scotland!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by mooter
          Tony, would you be offended if I had a go at building a nice shiny new website for you? .........
          Yeah, I give you ring and we'll have a chat, I said to you the other day it needs sorting out, but I never have to time to play with now, so it would be more sensible if you want something to play with.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Yeah, I give you ring and we'll have a chat, I said to you the other day it needs sorting out, but I never have to time to play with now, so it would be more sensible if you want something to play with.

excellent! give me a call tomorrow night if you're about... the mrs is having a girly night in with one of her mates and they'll be talking about shoes and pink things all evening.
            I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

If anyone is in the cheshire area, I get mine done at 'Japanese Imports' at middlewich, of Junction 18 of the M6, sort of southish of manchester. I'll be honest, they aren't absolutely top rate, and do not get things like lubing the windows (When I had a big old merc estate, I used to use a place near by that was run by a merc enthusiast. it came back gleaming, with no detail missed, but they dont do anything but beemer/merc/rangy etc and wouldn't do mine because they said they didn't have the experitise.

Nonetheless they are cheap enough - about 180 for a full service. i think they might actualy do a delux service as well where they do everthing up to and including the valet.

Anyway, it's pretty cheap. they charged me 110 ex vat for a backbox and it's still nice 2 years on. They aren't great but they do seem to know surfs, paj's etc and they are cheap and I don't have the time anymore

This is rambling because I have a temperature of 100 and can't stand so sorry

Comment

Not till the end of July I hope, we're getting married on the 1st, then off on honeymoon for 2 weeks.
                I go away on the 28th so the weekend before that if you are around? Ill have a chat with you nearer the time as this is crazy advance booking!
                Kite Surf

Comment

Damn, I need to up my prices!!!! I'm only £250 (ATM...) for a full major service inc all oils and filters

Nice to see someone doing the little things though, every truck I get in for service gets the door hinges and latches greased and the rear window lubed, it always bugged me that most garages skip the finishing touches like that.

Its sad when your suprised to see things greased, ball joints greased and wheels removed, how else are you sposed to check the brakes properly? The garage in the village does 2 or 3 'full services' a day, no way you can do that and cover everything properly.
                  In all a Trip down to Tony's for repairs to a Leaky Injector Pump, Can't Thank you enough Tony(120miles round trip) plus a visit to the Country, some Fresh Air thrown in & me Truck in the Capable hands of a methodical, competant engineer & all at a price we could afford without reservation.
                  If Tony lived in Scotland or Cornwall i'd still of made the visit "He's the Dogs".
                  (Hyperthetically) If Tony charged a third of £1000 service cost, It would still be cheaper to use a tank full each way, going by those that have engaged his services & their threads on this site.

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it comin !!!!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                  X