Wow, what a vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, what a vehicle

Yesterday I was down at my local Surf dealer when I spotted a 3.0L 55 reg double cab 4 x 4 Hi Lux with an auto box. Also had the canopy fitted and was selling for £20995. A real brute of a machine!
    The vehicle had leather seats and a woodgrain interior. Apparently Toyota do not do a 3 litre Hi LUx here in the UK and the dealer had it imported brand new. If the missus had not been with me I would have signed on the dotted line.

Interesting! The press seem to like the Vigo, sorry Hilux, apart form the engine. They reckon the 2.5 isn't up to the job and Toyota need to get something bigger in there quick pronto.

Presumably there's a reason for Toyota not giving us the bigger motor in the first place?

Comment

Because its the UK, we're scared of big engines and the cost of fuel.

Its always been the same, take the petrol motors, MK1 pickups where 2.0lt petrol, MK2 got 2.2 petrol motors, but the US that same year pickups had 2.4 and a 2.4 Turbo petrol engines, and the 86 is the US you could get the 3.0 V6 in a bog standard hilux pick up. What did we have? a 2.4 deisel slug!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Yep, 'Freedom of choice' is just an old wives tale!

Comment

Originally posted by NFC
          Interesting! The press seem to like the Vigo, sorry Hilux, apart form the engine. They reckon the 2.5 isn't up to the job and Toyota need to get something bigger in there quick pronto.

Presumably there's a reason for Toyota not giving us the bigger motor in the first place?
          It seems from what I have heard that Toyota will be fitting the UK Hilux with the 3 litre engine from early next year, until then the Import route is the only way to go if you want the extra power.

Comment

Working...
          X