Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new surfer needs advice.

hi there,
    i have just bought a 94 m reg, 4runner, when i viewed the car the body was spot on as was the interior, the engine was clean and quiet, but the rear door would not open from the key, so i climbed over the back seat and could not open it from there either, the salesman was baffled too. he assures me it will be sorted by the time i collect, how does the rear door work?

any other things i should look for when i collect?

thanks in advance for any help or advice.

anthony

The rear electric window either winds down on the key from outside, or from the rocker switch by the gear lever.
    It just does, OK?

Comment

There should be a manual "up / down " button down between the drivers
      arm rest and gear selector, also make shure the door lock on the driver
      door by the window up / down is not on .this prevents the rear window
      and door to open.

First lower the glass then that should unlock the tailgate which will
      lower ..

Chers m8ty poppy
      GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

do you mean the rare lift up type door??? instead of the standard drop window down and lower tailgate.....????
        CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Just thought...

Make sure the rear wiper is properly 'parked'. window won't work unless it is.

And...

Make sure the window lock isn't pressed in, on the drivers door panel... That's got a few people..
          It just does, OK?

Comment

Once the window is fully down you'll need to pull up the lock button on the inside top of the rear door (just left of centre) then pull up the door release lever (central inside door about a couple of inches from the top. Never try running out the rear window (for maintenance etc) with the door down unless the window is fully supported as it comes out, otherwise it will crack - expensive to replace.
            Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by slim
              do you mean the rare lift up type door??? instead of the standard drop window down and lower tailgate.....????
              There were no lift up doors available on the Surf/4Runner in '94. You're thinking of the 3rd Gen models from '96 on.
              Maurice
              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                There were no lift up doors available on the Surf/4Runner in '94. You're thinking of the 3rd Gen models from '96 on.
                i stand corrected.........
                CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Working...
                X