Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LN165 Side lights in a 4Runner

Hello from Spain,

We're designing a winch bumper, very simillar to an ARB but I want to get rid of the turn signals in the bumper because of the license plate. I don't want it over the winch fairlead and with the turn signals in the bumper I cannot put the plate in the sides...

I'm wondering if can I fit the LN165 lights in my 4Runner or the shape is different...

I cannot see the difference in the EPC, I see the front clips are bolts in the LN lights, but I'm worried about the whole shape.

My 4Runner is a KZN-130 and the lights I want to use are those:

If they don't fit I'll be doing a custom work on the lenses to fit some amber LED's...

Thanks,

David
    '94 4Runner 3.0TD - SAS'ed on 35's

I've fond them to be different in the EPC, but I'm sure I saw ones with the side holes...

My lights:

The style I want, turn and clearance lamp in one:

David

Comment

I have been following the bumper thread you have started on Yotatec and it looks good . I know some on here are wanting the winch bumpers for their trucks but the cost is high . Are you still going to make the templates available for others to copy ?
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I don't know... The bumper is being developed by a friend and his brother...

David

Comment

I have both Surf/4Runner types here, will have a look in the morning and see what they are like . ( I may need reminding! )

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony, I'm very grateful.

David

Comment

Tony's schedule:

Try the lenses in the Surf

Hehehehe thanks!

David

Comment

Slight differences are only in the way the lens fits to the grille, the actual light is the same shape, the rear screws line up and fits in the hole in the wing, but the KZN130 light has two lugs that slide in the grille piece, and the LN130 lens has to pins that clip into the grille. See the first pic.

I think the early lights could be made fit the KZN130 quite easily, although the chrome trim doesn't line up perfectly, you just need to make holes for the pins, see the 3rd pic, the pins are touching the slots the later light clips into.

How this relates to a LN165 I don't know, but with LN130 lights in a KZN130 you'd probably be OK with a few minor mods.

Pics,

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Ummm ok, thanks for all!

I'll order them in the stealer, don't mind to mod them a little if the external shape is the same.

My lights aren't chromed but gray painted, but no problem...

David

Comment

Hey Tony, did you receiveid my email?

David

Comment

Always knew that Tony was a Surf Freak, he has a new world cooker with lights and indicators fitted.

Comment

Working...
                      X