Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater

Hi all,

May seem like a daft question, but as I have a car with a cr@p heater/demister (Astra), does the Surf heater work OK?

How long will it take to get to warm/running temp and does the demist work?

Can U leave it on the idle-up and get a warm cab?

Thanks in advance,
    Steve.
    Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Originally posted by Paff
    Hi all,

May seem like a daft question, but as I have a car with a cr@p heater/demister (Astra), does the Surf heater work OK?

Thanks in advance,
    Steve.
    My 2.4 tdi gets hot in 3 minutes flat !
    Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,
      Steve.
      Yeah Great Heaters, No problems my 2.4TD is very warm in 3-5 minutes, only
      problem I got is Blower only works on High !!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
        Yeah Great Heaters, No problems my 2.4TD is very warm in 3-5 minutes, only
        problem I got is Blower only works on High !!!
        Slight topic change...

I work for a fuel company in Ipswich and was at the Buncefield terminal a few days B4 the blaze, no it was not me!

Soooooooooooo, it must have been you 'Buncefield Burner'!
        Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

Slight topic change...

I work for a fuel company in Ipswich and was at the Buncefield terminal a few days B4 the blaze, no it was not me!

Soooooooooooo, it must have been you 'Buncefield Burner'!
          I can tell you I didn't need an Alarm Call that morn, the earth moved for me & the missus & we had a ringside seat at 06.02 the Truck was started & we were ready for Offff, fortunately we wern't avacuated.
          Tooooo close for comfort......

Not Guilty
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

I've got 2.4 and it warm up very quickly. I must admit i had an Astra diesel before and that didn't take very long either. I must say the Astras' back window was quicker to demist than my surf. Yes it does work just vey slow!
            i like it muddy!

Comment

I've got a 2.4 and it only warms up for 6 months of the year!!! (the summer months!)

Note to self: Flush the matrix this weekend!
              Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by joe112
                I've got a 2.4 and it only warms up for 6 months of the year!!! (the summer months!)

Note to self: Flush the matrix this weekend!
                Mine seems to take forever to get hot. It'll blow warm air for ages then gets hot just before i get to work!! (15 min trip).
                So many toys-So little cash

Comment

Originally posted by surfer daz
                  Mine seems to take forever to get hot. It'll blow warm air for ages then gets hot just before i get to work!! (15 min trip).
                  You porb need to do the matrix same as me!

Mine was like that when i first got it... Flushed and cleaned matrix and was great... Couldn't keep it on much longer than 5 mins as it'd get too hot!!

Its the complete opposite now!!

Its horrible not having a heater this time of year... i've taken to keeping a hat, thick jumper and 2 pairs of gloves in the truck now at all times!!

(have you ever tried de-icing a window with no heaters??? you get very cold hands!!

Comment

Originally posted by joe112
                    You porb need to do the matrix same as me!

Mine was like that when i first got it... Flushed and cleaned matrix and was great... Couldn't keep it on much longer than 5 mins as it'd get too hot!!

Its the complete opposite now!!

Its horrible not having a heater this time of year... i've taken to keeping a hat, thick jumper and 2 pairs of gloves in the truck now at all times!!

(have you ever tried de-icing a window with no heaters??? you get very cold hands!!
                    Did you physically remove the matrix or do you just flush the whole cooling system?
                    I heard the matrix was a pain to get out.

Comment

The MATRIX is a pain to get out you need to flush out the Heater system front & back.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                        The MATRIX is a pain to get out you need to flush out the Heater system front & back.
                        My rear heater pipes are completely blocked i think,cold air all the time.Can i replace them with something else? I suppose i could blank them off at engine end if needed.

Comment

I didn't do the rear matrix - the one under the centre consol... just the one behind the dash... I already had the dash out doing other stuff so it wasn't too bad... took about half a day to do.. some of it was a bit fiddly... small parts and tight fitting etc.. but not over difficult... I had more trouble with the brake pads... You know all about that Marky!!

Comment

Working...
                          X