insurance tricks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance tricks?

Got my surf insured with nfu good deal so I thought ?
    but as the surf was broken into I'm not so sure they sent out stocksley moters to assess the damage to the dash and said as its an import be very hard to replace okay fair enough not to much damage live with it so then just need the cd replacing on the paper work its states £100 excess as the cd player was £300 fair enough but today they are now saying because it is an import it will be £250 excess? yes the surf is but the cd was not am just a grumpy old t**t or are they out of order

I say out of order. We have some experts on the forum who work for insurance companies. I'm sure they will advise.

Inurance is legalised theft.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Have they not heard of the Toyota 4Runner??

Comment

Check the dash part price with Toyota for the 4Runner and if cheap enough and the only body damage , see if the audio carries a lower excess and claim for audio theft only . I work for a certain insurance company which does apply a lower excess for audio claim only , a bit like a windscreen claim does.

So if the dash part is say £45 it would make sense to pay for that yourself and claim audio cost and pay the lower excess . Or drop the claim if you can replace audio and dash part for a reasonable amount to take in consideration the increase of premium in next year policy .

My opinion only .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

The excess should be written down somewhere surely??
          check your policy

Comment

I've worked for 3 motor insurance companies, so I have a pretty good understanding of how they operate. Generally speaking, the better the deal you get on the premium the higher the excess and the dodgier they are when it comes to claim time.

However, in this specific case I don't think they have a leg to stand on. When you took out the insurance they asked you what the car was and then gave you a premium based on the model you specified. This means they knew it was an import from the beginning.

If they want to apply a higher excess then they have to stipulate that before you agree to the policy. Your excess will be clearly stated on your policy and that is your excess, simple as that. If they wanted to apply a higher excess because it was an import they would need to have applied it in the beginning.

Put simply, you cannot change the rules halfway through the game. An insurance certificate is a legally binding document, with both sides having to honour their part.

Ask them where it is stated that you are under obligation to pay a higher excess. If they cannot provide this then they cannot charge. If they continue to give you hassle PM me their number and I'll call them up and sort it out for you, I'm good at that, it's What I Do
            I got me a new Surf baby yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by spoofer28
              Got my surf insured with nfu good deal so I thought ?
              but as the surf was broken into I'm not so sure they sent out stocksley moters to assess the damage to the dash and said as its an import be very hard to replace okay fair enough not to much damage live with it so then just need the cd replacing on the paper work its states £100 excess as the cd player was £300 fair enough but today they are now saying because it is an import it will be £250 excess? yes the surf is but the cd was not am just a grumpy old t**t or are they out of order
              There is no difference in interier parts as a UK 4Runner, so Stockslet Motors are talking ot ouf their asses and should be ashamed.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I just insured my Rav4 with Swiftcover.com, very good quote but you just put the reg number in and it comes up with the car details. Now my Rav is an import, I assume they must know that from the registration? I tried the Surf cos they knocked £100 of kwikfit for the Rav but it came back as vehicle not found, so I assume they didn't like it. ANd before anyone says the surf is registerd cos I got a V5 and they send out the tax stuff.
                Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Working...
                X