Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to buy or not to buy

Hi all,

Just joined this site and have some first timers questions.

Definately after a Surf. Been in the Army and driven Land rovers till they come out of your ears, very capable vehicle but on the limited side of things inside (my opinion).
    A friend has offered me his Surf. It's a 2.4TD blue over silver on a K plate. No A-bar or spots on the front. In very good condition runs well and has been well looked after, reg services and all that. Wood trim CD stereo, TV, inside is immaculate. Only issue is it's done 100k.
    the question to buy or not to buy?!?
    Any advice would be great also if i buy ideas on offers to make him.
    Thanks guys. Great site, i'm still wading through the photo's and videos!
    Jay

hi and welcome 100k isnt too bad mines done 118k in km the 2.4's are about
    2.5 -3000 if its in good nick thats what some have been selling them for on here as long as everything is working ok and its has a new cam belt ans any paper work for any work done on it then it should be ok
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Jay101
      Hi all,

Definately after a Surf. Been in the Army and driven Land rovers till they come out of your ears, very capable vehicle but on the limited side of things inside (my opinion).
      A friend has offered me his Surf. It's a 2.4TD blue over silver on a K plate. No A-bar or spots on the front. In very good condition runs well and has been well looked after, reg services and all that. Wood trim CD stereo, TV, inside is immaculate. Only issue is it's done 100k.
      Jay
      Hi Jay. Not sure about the money you should be offering, but does not sound bad, and if it's got 100k on the clock, remember that's more than likely gonna be in km and so is around 60k miles, which is not very many at all

There is potential problem with the head, but have a good search of the forum and you'll find all of the info you require - and of course, ask as many questions as you like.

Good luck and go for it,

Cheers, Nick
      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jay101
        Hi all,

Jay
        As an ex squaddie myself i also decided to take the surf plunge. The pricing is right, around 3k for a decent 2.4 thats what i paid for mine. Providing he has looked after it and had the cam belt changed when needed with servicing etc you will be fine.

Buy the surf and join us we can probably all say that you wont regret it.
        Kite Surf

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
          Buy the surf and join us we can probably all say that you wont regret it.
          You forgot the BIG GRIN that comes as standard when you purchase a Surf

If that motor is not right you could always have a look at POP's Motor
          DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Working...
          X