Side Steps, On Or Off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob
    nope but i had lots of stone chips on the leading edge of the rear plastic wheel arch extension instead, and on the plastic cladding i have on the bottom half of the doors. That's why I put mine back one. Whilst they were off i had a 2" lift and since the steps have been back on i haven't once bent them offroad like i used to nearly every time! I do think surfs looks better without the steps though
    We have a banana step from our last jaunt! I personally also prefer the look of the Surf without the steps, but with me and the missus being shortarses, she's not keen on them being removed.
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

[QUOTE=Rob]nope but i had lots of stone chips on the leading edge of the rear plastic wheel arch extension instead, and on the plastic cladding i have on the bottom half of the doors. [QUOTE]

You should try removing the front mud guards too then! I'm always touching up the door paint now....the mud terrain tread throws up some mighty big stones.

Comment

I'd definately say remove them and fit sliders! EVen with a 4" lift I can get in ok, mind you I'm 6'2! Oh and yes I have now painted them!

I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

I keep my side steps on as sill protectors. Both are now banana shaped but will stay on until I fabricate some sliders.

Kitesurf (mind the submerged tree stumps) phil.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

I like my steps

Comment

yeah, especially Lisa Scott-lee!

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
                You should try removing the front mud guards too then! I'm always touching up the door paint now....the mud terrain tread throws up some mighty big stones.
                Don't have front mud flaps! (3rd gen don't have them as std).

Comment

He he. the naked look!!

Have taken lots of bits off mine (often with the aid of trees and rocks)

Side steps, wheel arches, A bar, wind deflectors, rear bumper, mud flaps, and some other bits.

really need to get some sliders..........
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Greebo; 2 February 2006, 05:52.
                  mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Greebo
                    He he. the naked look!!

Have taken lots of bits off mine (often with the aid of trees and rocks)

Side steps, wheel arches, A bar, wind deflectors, rear bumper, mud flaps, and some other bits.

really need to get some sliders..........

That looks like fun where those photos were taken... where's that?!
                    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                      That looks like fun where those photos were taken... where's that?!
                      taken during an RTV trial with north lakes 4x4 club in the north of cumbria.
                      mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X