Down To Earth With A Bump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down To Earth With A Bump

Just suffered a major disaster, spent much of last week building a twin prop model aircraft which has today flown superbly.

On its last flight something happened to receiver and it came down at about 50MPh nose first.

Oh well, at least I got all the bits in the back of the surf. needed a shopping bag to collect all the bits.

All the fun of model flying,

Thought I would share this with you as I know one or two of you surfers fly.

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

I fly too

But I always take a black bin liner with me whenever I test fly a new model.: They say , THE MODEL HAS A TENDENCY TO RETURN TO KIT FORM IF ALL IS NOT WELL.
    Originally posted by phoebelala
    Just suffered a major disaster, spent much of last week building a twin prop model aircraft which has today flown superbly.

On its last flight something happened to receiver and it came down at about 50MPh nose first.

Oh well, at least I got all the bits in the back of the surf. needed a shopping bag to collect all the bits.

All the fun of model flying,

Thought I would share this with you as I know one or two of you surfers fly.

Al.

Comment

I watched a new DVD last night called STEALTH. It's about a computerised jet fighter.

Maybe your plane has got a computer brain that thought it could fly itself?? Or was you trying to impress the girls with your loop the loops???

Comment

I've got an engine in my garage that i used to use as a lift engine for my hovercraft, its a weslake 342 commonly used by the military ion target practice drones but i have heard of people fitting them to large scale models. It weighs about 8kg and puts out 25hp, god awful boxer style engine that can vibrate their own heads off but the power to weight is good.
        Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
          I watched a new DVD last night called STEALTH. It's about a computerised jet fighter.

Maybe your plane has got a computer brain that thought it could fly itself?? Or was you trying to impress the girls with your loop the loops???

I think it was the PCM Receiver rather than anything else! had a glitch and went into failsafe (oh yeah! some fail safe eh?)

Still, uz flyboys have to expect this sort of thing.

Al

Comment

I did that with my first ever control-line model - used terylene lines, which , as I discovered, stretch...

Did a beautiful wing-over above my head, then power-dived into the ground.

On the plus side, I did learn how to dismantle a 0.049 glow-plug engine, and replace a bent crankshaft
            Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Thats why i went for R/C Ships! Much less damage when it all goes wrong,
              Ya just get wet retriving it,
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                Thats why i went for R/C Ships! Much less damage when it all goes wrong,
                Ya just get wet retriving it,

Done ships,cars,and planes. Prob with planes it they move in 3 dimensions and its the sudden stopping that breaks them

Comment

Working...
                X