Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Headlight Bulbs?

Hi,

I found a thread on here about replacing headlight bulbs. The recommendation seemed to sugest my best and easiest option was a trip to halfords. However they say they dont stock the right bulb (I need mainbeam) as its an import. They couldnt fit me in untill later this week to get to the bulb to be 100%. Does anyone know the Part no. so i can maybe order one and have a go myself? Its a 1992 2.4 SSR-X

Any help much appreciated!!

Originally posted by davemwaldron
    Hi,

I found a thread on here about replacing headlight bulbs. The recommendation seemed to sugest my best and easiest option was a trip to halfords. However they say they dont stock the right bulb (I need mainbeam) as its an import. They couldnt fit me in untill later this week to get to the bulb to be 100%. Does anyone know the Part no. so i can maybe order one and have a go myself? Its a 1992 2.4 SSR-X

As far as I'm aware -the headlamps are a standard H4 halogen from any motoring supplies shop.
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

take the old one with you... don't tell them it's for an import and they'll sell you one.

the info is on the end cap

the packet will tell you H4 fitting and wattage
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

headlamp bulbs

Hi,

yep they are correct the bulbs you need are h4, unless someone has fitted some sort of bling bling aftermarket type if you get stuck i can send you some but to make sure as someone has said take 1 out n read the back of it it should read 55w65w h4 gollygone

Comment

Thankyou for your help, I will dust off my tool kit and stuck in this week!

Cheers!

Comment

Thankyou for your help, I will dust off my tool kit and stuck in this week!

Cheers!
            Before you do, dust off the search button and check out the two ways to replace the headlight bulbs:

1) remove the grill (possibly loose clips on the way)
            2) remove battery or batteries and go in from the back

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Side lights grill off the best option, yes they are standard h4`s, 1/2 hr job, careful with the clips as they are a bit brittle with age
              Rick

Comment

I tried taking my grill off when replacing my horns but only managed to release the top (yes the clips are brittle) Couldn't get the bottom of the grill to release though - how is that done?
                If you're gonna have one ...... have a good'un!

Comment

In my case the battery and air intake went walkies

Trev
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

That's the way I would have to approach it cos I couldn't figure how to release the grill at the bottom!

Anyone ?
                    Originally posted by UDTrev
                    In my case the battery and air intake went walkies

Trev
                    If you're gonna have one ...... have a good'un!

Comment

It's only the forward motion of the truck thats holding my grille on!

Comment

Thats why I went in the slow and painfull way, its cheaper than a new grille!
                        Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

I got two "SUPER BRILLIANCE" 472SB H4 bulbs yesterday from halfrauds and they have a "SPECIAL OFFER" on at the moment "BUY ONE GET ONE FREE " they were listed at about £12.50 each.

So I hope to fit them tomorrow and i think i shall go in from the back to fit them!!
                          Paul
                          DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Re

Yup!

That is what I got recently!

2 "Super Brilliance" H4 bulbs from Halfords! (they are in a gold coloured box!)

Make sure you get the 80/100 watt versions and NOT the 55/60!

(you may have to ask politely for them and say they are for "off roading")

15 minutes to take batteries and water bottles out and insert bulbs!

It's actually better to go from the battery side 'cos it gives you an excuse to inspect and clean the teminals etc. (just an idea and what I done, it's amazing how dirty and corroded terminals become!)

The bulbs are ok and fairly bright BUT don't be expecting a floodlit road!

I enhanced mine with a set of 120 watt BAJA spots from Roughtrax and it is great!

Any "non dipping" assholes I meet on the road get a wee frazzle dazzle from them and it soon settles any "king of the road" problems!

Later!

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett
                              Any "non dipping" assholes I meet on the road get a wee frazzle dazzle from them and it soon settles any "king of the road" problems!
                              probably only do it cos some idiot's coming the other way with 80w headlights!
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X