yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help-new import, what do i need to change?? (service)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help-new import, what do i need to change?? (service)

Hi all. New to the surf thing and to this forum, have found this site great for info. I am picking up a 92 surf ssr-x on sat that is newly imported from japan. Its done 88000KM / 55000Miles. What do i need to check or change when i get it home?

Was going to change the following;
    Thermostat.
    Rad cap.
    Fit new oil, fuel and air filters.

I am just about to order the parts from Milners, Do i need to do anything else or need anything before i send off the order.
    Thanks all,

Steve.

Might be worth doing the timing belt ...or checking to see how new it looks.
    and grease your bump stops..........

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
      steering stops.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

give it all a good greasing, change the timing belt, Change all fluids (Transmission Coolant etc etc) and the fuel and air as you are already doing!

A note for future reference - Even if you change the timing belt now the orange T-Belt light will still come on as you pass the 100,000km mark. You can re-set this by pressing the button on the clocks which is covered by a little rubber grommit.

When changing the timing belt take a note of the milage ( don't thing kilometerage is a word but you know what i mean!!) so you know when its next due!

Most of all

HAVE FUN!!!
        Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD

Beat me to it dave... God i take a long time to type!!
          Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            steering stops.
            What he said.....

Comment

Thanks for the fast response people. Will order a cam belt while i'm at it, always handy to have one if the one on is ok. Any thing else apart from the steering stops?

Comment

Working...
              X