Vegi Oil in a 3.0 TD Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegi Oil in a 3.0 TD Surf

So is it true can you run a 1994/5 3.0TD Surf on vegitable oil like the stuff you buy from Tescos etc for £0.59p a litre..??

Wil it eventualy wreck your engine or do you have to add some kind of additive in with it.???

Please adsvise.??
    SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

The sticky at the top of the forum answers most questions. I started ruinning a test mix at 20% yesterday and even with sub zero temperatures this morning it fired up and ran fine doing 60 odd miles today.

If you buy it in 3 liter bottles at tescos its just under 42p a liter
    Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

Originally posted by SSRX3.0TDLE
      So is it true can you run a 1994/5 3.0TD Surf on vegitable oil like the stuff you buy from Tescos etc for £0.59p a litre..??

Wil it eventualy wreck your engine or do you have to add some kind of additive in with it.???

Please adsvise.??
      do you ever read any other posts?

there's a sticky at the top of the page called "THINKING OF USING VEG OIL?"

my guess is that it would all be covered in there!!

AND numerous other threads.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

With 470 odd posts maybe you have not had time to read all the info, loads of it to be found on the forum, just use the search button.

Comment

So if i was to put say 8-10 litres of veg oil in with a full tank of diesal how long would the vegi oil last before i need to put more in to a full tank of fuel.??
          SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Please adsvise.??
            will run on veg oil but not the 59p stuff. i find 58p stuff or even 60 p stuff works ace though
            I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
              will run on veg oil but not the 59p stuff. i find 58p stuff or even 60 p stuff works ace though
              HA, HA.???
              SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

So if i was to put say 8-10 litres of veg oil in with a full tank of diesal how long would the vegi oil last before i need to put more in to a full tank of fuel.??
                that should last for about 3 1/2 tanks of diesel. but not city diesel. make it 4 if you run biodiesel. unless you go round a lot of mini roundabouts. or over speed bumps. when its cold, it will last much longer. unless its really really cold.
                or until your low fuel light comes on.
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                  With 470 odd posts maybe you have not had time to read all the info, loads of it to be found on the forum, just use the search button.
                  i see somebody is trying to get up to 500 posts in a month here,, cannt think who?????????
                  Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                    that should last for about 3 1/2 tanks of diesel. but not city diesel. make it 4 if you run biodiesel. unless you go round a lot of mini roundabouts. or over speed bumps. when its cold, it will last much longer. unless its really really cold.
                    or until your low fuel light comes on.

Like it guyz.
                    Al.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Walker on carpark catchphrase
                      Is this guy for real?

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                        Matt at this rate he will catch you up by easter posting like this !!

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
                          Matt at this rate he will catch you up by easter posting like this !!
                          at least i'm looking less like the village idiot and more like a regular oik!

i remember the time on 29th aug 2003 when MARKY said:-
                          Originally posted by MARKY
                          how do you post pictures cant fathom it out at all?

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                            at least i'm looking less like the village idiot and more like a regular oik!

i remember the time on 29th aug 2003 when MARKY said:-
                            just think u could be posting at the rate of 22 posts per day.
                            its taken me a year to make 500 posts and i have already worn my finger prints off.

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
                              just think u could be posting at the rate of 22 posts per day.
                              its taken me a year to make 500 posts and i have already worn my finger prints off.
                              Consider this, if the gentleman in question is also bombarding the MG owners club and the TL1000's owners club at the rate of 22 posts a day then he has a full time spamming job on his hands and we really ought to be thankful for the input

Comment

Working...
                              X