Jeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucky
    Actually it was late 93 early 94 for the 3 litre (L reg onwards). K reg 93 is still 2.4.
    Mines a K plate with 3.0 in it.

As for whether a surf is the answer to your questions is up to you to decide but bear in min you are asking the question to enthusiastic surf owners rather than strictly impartial people,
    Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

I had a look at a few Cherokees before I bought the Surf and I have to say, well I ended up with a Surf didn't I?

The 4.0 engine is supposedly bulletproof, and the box is the same as that in the Surf (Aisin-Warner AW4 / Toyota A340), but I just couldn't find anything that looked like it had a few more years to give for the money I was spending.

I wasn't expecting as-new for 4 grand, but I didn't expect to be looking at rust, collapsed or seized suspension, steering replacement, or any of the other joys that awaited me in the examples I looked at.

There are probably good Jeeps out there, but I couldn't find them!

On the other hand, the Surfs I saw were all fairly usable at that money.

Comment

i had my cherokee for a year, nice car to drive, streering is a bit wallowey. engine is dead simple. loads of power, even with lpg. get lpg as they are very very thirsty. i usually got 18mpg on motorway runs or as little as 12mpg in town.

i do think the surf is a big step up, definatley

Comment

I had a Jeep Cherokee, 4L petrol. Very small compareed to the surf inside and out and particularly the rear space.

Wasn't a bad motor apart from the space issue but after owning other 4x4s I wouldn't have another.

Comment

Jeeps are as s h i t e as fords and no mistake, even s h i t e r since they became part of ford PAG in 94.

Anyone who spends big money on a glam ford/chrysler deserves it.

My cash wud go on a nice Jap.
            I used to have a surf me!

Comment

[QUOTE=phoebelala]Jeeps are as ***** as fords and no mistake, even ****** since they became part of ford PAG in 94.
              QUOTE]

Jeep bacame part of AMC, which became part of Chrysler Corp, which became part of DaimlerChrylser.

I know Ford were acquisitive in the 90s, but they have never owned Jeep.

PAG currently stands at:
              Aston Martin, Jaguar, Volvo, Land Rover. Lincoln should be an honorary member here as the LS shares its platform with the "S" type, although the "X" type is an old Mondeo and the new Freelander is a Focus ...

Comment

Cool! When I come to sell my Mondeo, can I advertise it as a 'modified' Jag?

Comment

the only Jeep to have is one of these or the smaller CJ5...

having said that, they rust terribly, it did 10mpg with just a 2.5 petrol, it struggled to do 45mph over the severn bridge into wales...
                  but it was hilarious fun off road. easy to fix and the parts were pretty cheap too. including body parts. Also, you can take the doors and roof off this one and fold the windscreen down if youre brave.
                  Mine was great, you could start her up, then take the ignition key out and drive around keyless. Drove though London on a hot summer evening, dressed very skimpilly with a very busty friend... no doors or roof and we certainly turned plenty of heads... even if it was just for my friend with her bouncing boobs. It had quite lively leaf springs.
                  Last edited by Toyney; 23 August 2006, 17:54.
                  she's no angel

Comment

cant see your friend in that picture, got any more?
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                      cant see your friend in that picture, got any more?
                      YEAH, here it is naked...

ooohh you meant my friend... no she was shy... yes really and now she works for DHL up near Donington.
                      Last edited by Toyney; 23 August 2006, 17:54.
                      she's no angel

Comment

Jeep????? No way man...............

Have you seen inside them? They look horrible, and the dash looks like something from the 30's.

Get a Surf, reliable, cheaper to run, they look better and are full of gadgets.

If you have to buy one, get an ex Army M38. Then re-spray in a colour of your choice.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by M35A2; 2 February 2006, 17:04.

Comment

[QUOTE=NFC]
                          Originally posted by phoebelala
                          Jeeps are as ***** as fords and no mistake, even ****** since they became part of ford PAG in 94.
                          QUOTE]

Jeep bacame part of AMC, which became part of Chrysler Corp, which became part of DaimlerChrylser.

I know Ford were acquisitive in the 90s, but they have never owned Jeep.

PAG currently stands at:
                          Aston Martin, Jaguar, Volvo, Land Rover. Lincoln should be an honorary member here as the LS shares its platform with the "S" type, although the "X" type is an old Mondeo and the new Freelander is a Focus ...
                          However they did build some early Jeep lookalikes Ford GPA.

Comment

Originally posted by Paff
                            Hi Guys,

Whilst searching for a Surf a M8 has suggested a Jeep.

Anyone had one of these?

Comments good/bad please...

Cheers,
                            Steve.

sounds like ur m8 wants to see u in a shiite suv? get a life get a surf
                            zacco

Comment

Originally posted by zacco hilux ssx 2.5td 91
                              sounds like ur m8 wants to see u in a shiite suv? get a life get a surf
                              i wouldnt even say its a SUV... more a UV cuz theres nothing sporting about a jeep
                              she's no angel

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                                Cool! When I come to sell my Mondeo, can I advertise it as a 'modified' Jag?
                                The newer range of front wheel drive Jags use a mundano chassis/running gear.

They're cheap and I don't just mean inexpensive.

A friend of mine has sold his (owned from new) XJS, Stating "I won't own a jag now the peasants are able to buy a new one".

Front wheel drive!

Comment

Working...
                                X