spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spots

hi! im new to this forum but was wondering if anyone out there has any ideas on this. im wondering if its possible to mount spot lights on the top of my surf. seen it on the pick ups but they use the roll bars, anyone knows if it can be done on the surf?? cheers now.

Originally posted by Apoch
    hi! im new to this forum but was wondering if anyone out there has any ideas on this. im wondering if its possible to mount spot lights on the top of my surf. seen it on the pick ups but they use the roll bars, anyone knows if it can be done on the surf?? cheers now.

There was a thead recently about this ....I'll try and find it

There was a chrome one i think ..... and ally ones available on ebay
    Last edited by Woodzie; 25 January 2006, 09:05.
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Use a roof bar mounted at the front of the vehicle. Spots will be OK as there is no height limit on them, fogs would not be OK.

Run the cable up the inside of the windscreen pillar and out through a hole in the roof, use a good rubber grommet and some silicon to seal the hole and fit a waterproof plug (you can get them from www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk) so that you can disconnect them and remove the bars.

You can also get more info from http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/light_bar.htm

Comment

Guys you have given me a good idea.??
        SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Originally posted by SSRX3.0TDLE
          Guys you have given me a good idea.??
          HeHe, He's off again, Hey! dont forget marker lights while your up there,
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

thanks

cheers for the help guys, im gonna look into it. thanks again.

Comment

Just doing the finishing touches to a detachable light bar that I am making.

Will get some piccies when done.

Comment

Just the thing here. http://www.direct4x4.co.uk/index.php...product_id=334

Comment

I have about eight antenna magmounts in the shed. I was thinking of making a detatchable light bar with them. Has anybody tried this?
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Mount the lights to a roof bar and bobs your uncle!
                    THE ORIGINAL CRAZY BITCH!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                      I have about eight antenna magmounts in the shed. I was thinking of making a detatchable light bar with them. Has anybody tried this?
                      Now that sounds like an excellent idea
                      Maurice
                      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

The one from Direct 4x4 looks ideal untill you add up the cost, over 43 quid for 1 roof bar???
                        The magmount sound a great idea but could be a pig to remove.
                        Hardest part is drilling the roof for the cable !!!!OUCH!!!!
                        Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                          Would you by chance have any pics of these, Im looking for somthing to make a light bar out of and they may give me some idea's, Ian
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                          X