cb's again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cb's again

I just got my cb and it turns out that it is a ham international viking?
    it has am and fm with hi and low on it so it realy has 80 fm and 80 am
    chanels so now I will just have to have a play ?(okay for £18)

Originally posted by spoofer28
    I just got my cb and it turns out that it is a ham international viking?
    it has am and fm with hi and low on it so it realy has 80 fm and 80 am
    chanels so now I will just have to have a play ?(okay for £18)
    I fitted my new (2nd hand) one yesterday,seems to work ok,although there doesnt seem to be many people on anymore!!
    So many toys-So little cash

Comment

on air

just going through the channels seems nobody out there but never mind the wife wants one set up at home so she can talk to me when i am out delivering on a night already got a large siver rod? homebase aerial

Comment

Do you need a license for CBs these days, 'cos the last time I used one was in 1978 when my dad had an AM set and they were a no no! Anyone else remember 'buzby? and the yellow G.P.O. vans?

Comment

those were the days eh vince?..got rid of my cb in 85 after having 1 for about 5 yrs.i had a silver rod on 2 scaffold poles so it was nice and high and had an audioline cb
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Yup.
            My dads CB was a Midland, My American uncle got it for him 'cos he was stationed over here in the U.S.A.F. and ordered it through the air force, cheap too apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Yup.
              My dads CB was a Midland, My American uncle got it for him 'cos he was stationed over here in the U.S.A.F. and ordered it through the air force, cheap too apparently.
              hi are you guys using the fm 27/81 because i have been told there is another one like 27/94 has anybody heard of this or is it the same as the early one 27/81 because it seems very quiet out there? what are the truckers using nowadays
              NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Yes you still need a license, it costs £15 per year, see here
                http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/archi...info/ra240.htm
                Theres not many people using them nowadays, but they are still useful on long trips for the occasional traffic report.
                Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Do you need a license for CBs these days, 'cos the last time I used one was in 1978 when my dad had an AM set and they were a no no! Anyone else remember 'buzby? and the yellow G.P.O. vans?

I used to use an AM rig in the 70's and one night I was talking to a mate on it parked at the end my parents back garden accessed via a narrow lane - very safe.

Things were going great it was dark and the windows of my Mk2 Cortina were misted up, when there was a loud tapping on my side window !

HOLY SH*T !!!!!!!!!

Quick as a flash in a time tested manner I ripped the AM rig out and stuffed it under my seat.... then wound down my window expecting to see plod

Not plod, only my mother wanting to know if I wanted a cuppa

Phew, I lived to see another day - till the next time.

Steve.
                  Last edited by Paff; 21 January 2006, 22:44.
                  Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

Working...
                  X