Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• micky thompsom alloys

Hi,
    Im about to get micky thompson alloys classic 2 from La Supertrux,i was wondering if anybody has them on their truck.A pic 0r 2 would be nice so i can see what they look like,i imagine them to look cool,but still it be nice to see them on before.Also getting a 2" lift with bfgoodrich 32s.Ill post pics for you guys to see when done at the end of the month.
    THANKS.

have you not shopped around as i think nigel is a bit expensive, surely there is somebody cheaper out there.
    Now I Have Grown Up, I Need A Grown Up Tonker Toy!

Comment

Originally posted by Toad
      have you not shopped around as i think nigel is a bit expensive, surely there is somebody cheaper out there.
      someone is getting them from him as they know him,so i will be getting a good discount.

Comment

mt rims are cool,i would if i could.
        Last edited by a.plasterer; 21 January 2006, 21:33.

Comment

Originally posted by kal
          Hi,
          Im about to get micky thompson alloys classic 2 from La Supertrux,i was wondering if anybody has them on their truck.A pic 0r 2 would be nice so i can see what they look like,i imagine them to look cool,but still it be nice to see them on before.Also getting a 2" lift with bfgoodrich 32s.Ill post pics for you guys to see when done at the end of the month.
          THANKS.
          Will 32" rubber fit with just a 2" lift? Could be wrong and im sure some1 out there will correct me if i am but thought 31" was the max u could run unless with a 3or4" lift.
          BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

re:

Originally posted by Grimreeper
            Will 32" rubber fit with just a 2" lift? Could be wrong and im sure some1 out there will correct me if i am but thought 31" was the max u could run unless with a 3or4" lift.

I think that some surf owners dont realise that 32s actually can fit on a 2" lift.
            i have been told by Nene valley and afew others and also nigel at La supertrucks that they do fit. I hope im right but that comes from a pretty good source.So ill just have to wait and see until i have got it done.

Comment

Originally posted by kal
              Hi,
              THANKS.
              where are your old wheels going????
              [url="http://www.frappr.com/smurfowners"]Surf MAp[/url]

Comment

Hi Kal.
                Have a good look on that tintanet.
                You can get Mickey Thompson wheels for about $69 in the states
                thats only £35 ish each just have to see what the carrage
                to the UK is, may be chaeper if you go foe a rim + tyre
                opption just a thought me old m8ty.Been looking at the same,
                don't know for shure but I'm a thinking that Tony N has a
                set for Linda's bullet???may be worth a phone call??

poppy
                GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Kal is getting it from me and I'm fitting it, I had reservations about 32's fitting with just 2" of lift, especially on 8" rims with more offset, We were going to leave the wheels for now, and see how much room there is with them on standard 7" rims and 2" lift, but he's been told that they will fit and wants to save time and extra by getting the wheels/tyres/lift in one package which is understandable

Incidently, Nigel told me they told him "that 3 inches is the recommended lift for 32's, but if Tony's said they will fit them I know what I'm talking about" but it was me who said ring them and see what LA S and others say. So we need to have a little chat tomorrow before its all ordered as we're only going on Nene Valleys word now.

Its not a offroad truck, so won't be flex out much, If I get the torsion bars up as far poss we were going to give it try so the question is answered once and for all, just a little nervous now because of the wider wheels and the amount of money he's spening and it might end up not working out. I'm expecting to have to trim the inner side of the front wheel arch extension and adjust ( ) the bulkhead seam behind the mudflap.

Such fun!!!!

Kal, I'll call you in the morning if your reading this and we'll everything straightened out.

Stay posted, pics to come once its done, and we may answer a long asked question!

BTW, you've all convinced him to get M/T's instead of A/T's, so whatever happens its gonna look bitchin'
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by poppy986
                    Hi Kal.
                    Have a good look on that tintanet.
                    You can get Mickey Thompson wheels for about $69 in the states
                    thats only £35 ish each just have to see what the carrage
                    to the UK is, may be chaeper if you go foe a rim + tyre
                    opption just a thought me old m8ty.Been looking at the same,
                    don't know for shure but I'm a thinking that Tony N has a
                    set for Linda's bullet???may be worth a phone call??

poppy
                    Where you finding that mate, just done 5 pages on google and all the shops in the US are about $95 to $105 for Mickey T classics, after adding VAT, import duty and most importantly carrage, make LA S's price of £103 each inc vat and delivery quite impressive.

Comment

Kal, give me a ring if you can, the number I have for you dosen't work.

Comment

Originally posted by cellone
                        where are your old wheels going????
                        I will be selling them,they are standard alloys with bfgoodrich 31s, front two are quite new the other 2 are not new but in good condition.

Comment

Working...
                        X