Major Vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Vent

As some of you know i bought my surf and got it a week ago now and the truck runs fine by and large. When i went and picked it up the garage hadn't done some of the agreed work on the truck and apologised and booked it in for today so i took it in. All they had to do was sort the stereo, adjust the back bumper a touch, convert the speedo and look at a judder on the brakes. Heres what i got back tonight from the shysters:

Speedo - face slapped on, light peeking from round the edges where there is a gap and the small piece of black face between the 2 gauges bent.

Stereo - Double din stereo replaced with single din unit and a gaping bloomin hole underneath it. Only 2 front speakers wired up.

Brakes - Got there to find them trying to swap discs from a 2.4 onto it which i obviouslyt kicked off about as thats just **** if they fitted anyway. New discs now ordered from milners.

Bumper - untouched.

I just ran as my gf was in hospital and i had to get there as i thought the baby was coming so didnt have chance to critique it but my question is this, does anyonje know if i can legitimately get the work done at a reputable garage then claim the cost from the garage if their work is substandard? I don't want a single thing other than what was promised as part of the deal.

Oh and the garage? Centurion Direct, Dunholme, Lincoln. If i get no joy then i'm going to get them all the local bad press i can do. the truck is great but these idiots have soured the whole new car experience.
    Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

i know its not a great help in the scheme of things, but does the stereo have a PA button? this usually cuts off the rear speakers....

good luck with the surf and the bab!
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

cancel it!... surely they're dodgy... just walk away!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Sadly, sounds fairly typical of a lot of garages out to make a quick buck. Stick with it. Insist that they do the work they said they'd do. Tell them if they dont you'll have your money back as there's no shortage of good Surfs now. Bet they move fast as soon as you mention 'refund'.

Regarding the stereo, I seem to recall there is some weirdness about the wiring of the rear speakers as they have their own amp. I had similar problem with mine when I fitted a new stereo. Cant remember what exactly the answer was right now (been the pub!) , but I did sort it, and it was the guys on here that gave me the answers. A quick search might see you sorted with circuit diagrams.

PS. Dump the front speakers for something aftermarket because they're ****, but the rears seem ok.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Sounds very bad to me
          3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            cancel it!... surely they're dodgy... just walk away!
            Listen to Da Man.................

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
              Listen to Da Man.................
              For a change.....

Personally, if the truck is worth it, I'd not go back there, must sort out myself of get them to pay a bit towards someone else doing. Mutter things like trading standards and shoddy work, etc while suggesting it.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

The truck you bought has to be of a satisfactory quality.

This is what I would do. Contact Trading Standards, tell them what has happened, and ask if they can inspect the work. THEN, contact VOSA, tell them you bought this vehicle and are not happy with it's condition. They will go through it with a dose of salts and if they find anything wrong with it, look out garage, the sh1t will hit the fan.

I went to a garage once to MOT my Land Rover. They tested it as a class 7 (commercial vehicle) despite me and Land Rover telling him it was a class 4. Contacted VOSA, and they dragged him over the coals and he nearly lost his MOT testing certificate. Had to be re-trained, and I got a letter from VOSA confirming it was a class 4 and a refund from the garage for the difference.

In short, be such a pain in their ar*es, they will do anything to get rid of you.

Comment

Thanks to all of you guys for the replies. I'm going to town on this bloke and will report him to whoever i can unless everything is sorted out on Monday when the brake discs come, final chance then game over and he knows it.....

Shame its happened really as it sours the experience but the truck is great to drive. Still can't understand why farmers in lincolnshire have to drive their 4x4's at 30mph unless our surfs are just that damn superior
                  Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

Working...
                  X