how much veggie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much veggie

got about a quarter of a tank of diesel in my surf ,how much veg oil would i need to add to this or will i not bother until i put some more diesel in,oh and is it legal?regards bri

Originally posted by brian88883
    got about a quarter of a tank of diesel in my surf ,how much veg oil would i need to add to this or will i not bother until i put some more diesel in,oh and is it legal?regards bri
    not leagal unless your declaring fuel tax to irs.id put in 1/4 of a tank and fill up o diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by brian88883
      Just started using veg oil myself this week. I put 20 litres of tesco own rapeseed oil (43p per litre) into quarter tank then filled it up with diesel. Just go for it. My drives superb without a problem at all and its been 3 days.
      Kite Surf

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
        Just started using veg oil myself this week. I put 20 litres of tesco own rapeseed oil (43p per litre) into quarter tank then filled it up with diesel. Just go for it. My drives superb without a problem at all and its been 3 days.
        I have heard that if you put in 6x3ltrs and top up this time of year...fine
        warmer times as rumor has it one can go to 50% or even more but of course dont forget to declare your use and pay the tax
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

If you had a fuel heater, or used your car only in warmer climates, you could run 100% veg oil. I know a guy who did this in a Frontera all through last summer without problems (apart from the standard 'Frontera' problems ). I wouldn't recommend this all the time though as you'll probably bung-up your injectors.

Remember that the basics for the diesel engine were designed to run on peanut oil, so really it's not natural to run fossil diesel at all.

And make sure you tell the C&E guys about it and declare it as a fuel. Or at least pretend you own a chip shop.
          _______
          /_/ _ | 0\__
          \,...__,..._ /
          _(o)__(o)_

Comment

has anyone ever been cought?just wonderin the probability?i dot wana get bummed in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by a.plasterer
              has anyone ever been cought?just wonderin the probability?i dot wana get bummed in jail.
              If you can find a supplier of bio fuel made from Waste veg oil near to you, go buy some, keep the invoice in the motor -erm then if by chance you do get dipped and you have forgotton to declare veg - you have valid proof that veg should be in there
              not that you would forget............
              Tony

Comment

If you were to get pulled and dipped could you get away with saying you are using that bio-diesel stuff from Tesco, or is that made of completly different stuff?

Just a thought...
                [IMG]http://www.slate8.com/hiluxstuff/hilux-sig.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Try here

INFO HERE

and then try the search button - lots of info
                  Last edited by Draig; 20 January 2006, 15:09.
                  Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Slate8
                    If you were to get pulled and dipped could you get away with saying you are using that bio-diesel stuff from Tesco, or is that made of completly different stuff?

Just a thought...
                    Tesco's ell only a 5% mix, your wallet will need to lie down in a darkened room if the dip says more than 6% !!!!

Trev
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                      Tesco's ell only a 5% mix, your wallet will need to lie down in a darkened room if the dip says more than 6% !!!!

Trev
                      Hence saying WVO based bio + tax paid fuel receipt ...worth it's weight in..........SVO????
                      Tony

Comment

Working...
                      X