central locking on the key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• central locking on the key

got a question for you lot for a change. im looking for a control box which sends a positive signal to the door locks to open them and the one on mine with the buttons on the key sends a negative signal to activate the central locking. and this don't work with my cobra alarm and so i have to unlock the truck with the key and deactivate the alarm with the fob. no problem there but the ball and chain now wants to be able to drive it and so i need a spare key and i know you can't get the replacement central locking controlled keys... unless im talking utter bollox

which is not unusual....

TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

When you say negative and positive signal, do you mean a +ve or -ve voltage with respect to the trucks earth?
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

i dont know im just spouting what the alarm fitter told me... electrics are like magic to me.
      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Key sends an RF signal to the receiver in the car. All RF signals are both positive and negative in terms of waveform. Dunno what your alarm man is on about.

Sounds like he don't know how to integrate your alarm to me so a dose of bull will suffice.
        Al
        I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Working...
        X