Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maplins

Maplins and halfrauds! Dont ya just love em, You just know your gonna have
    your pants pulled down, You used to be able go in there and speak to a man who knew what he was talking about, Now all there is is a bunch of snotty yobs, SOB sold me 100 resistors 470k, soldered one up to a ultra
    bright led and i had a job to see it even with the lights out, Wrong sodding
    ones, Serves me right for having no patience, proper ones turned up today!
    What a difference, Ultra bright,,, £4's worth of diesel and £6 resistors,
    Are they gonna get a gobfull when i go back
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

er.............a gob full?i think u can get done for that nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
      snotty yobs
      normaly spotty yobs.??
      SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

What resistors did you ask for?
        Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
          What resistors did you ask for?
          470k suitable for 12v for ultra-bright 3mm leds, Should be straight forward
          enough dont you think, That is assuming they know what their selling,
          Problem is i think they know about as much as me regarding colour-band coding on componants, They just go to the bin with the code no on it grab
          some of them and thats it, Unless you yourself know exactly what you need
          your at their mercy, Same happened to my son, Asked for cat 6 cable they give him cat5, Went back in and said this is wrong i asked for cat6, The
          scroat said 'well its computor cable int it,! That just about sums them up,
          As for snotty thats what i ment, Not only dont they know what the f**k
          their doing they talk down to you as well, I'll settle for snotty and spotty,
          Its probably more the owners /managers fault that their like this, Its the same
          all over no one seems to give a toss, And as for gettin done! I may get me six qiud back but i cant see em squaring me up for the juce i;ve wasted so
          there still gettin a mouthfull, Any way rant over, Mapling have wasted
          enough of my time

Comment

470k suitable for 12v for ultra-bright 3mm leds, Should be straight forward
            enough dont you think, That is assuming they know what their selling,
            Problem is i think they know about as much as me regarding colour-band coding on componants, They just go to the bin with the code no on it grab
            some of them and thats it, Unless you yourself know exactly what you need
            your at their mercy, Same happened to my son, Asked for cat 6 cable they give him cat5, Went back in and said this is wrong i asked for cat6, The
            scroat said 'well its computor cable int it,! That just about sums them up,
            As for snotty thats what i ment, Not only dont they know what the f**k
            their doing they talk down to you as well, I'll settle for snotty and spotty,
            Its probably more the owners /managers fault that their like this, Its the same
            all over no one seems to give a toss, And as for gettin done! I may get me six qiud back but i cant see em squaring me up for the juce i;ve wasted so
            there still gettin a mouthfull, Any way rant over, Mapling have wasted
            enough of my time
            Sorry but if you asked for 470k then you were in the wrong, you need 470 ohms for a 12v led not 470k that is why your leds were so dim I normally use 680ohm as the voltage on a car varies and can reach almost 15v which reduces the life of leds.
            Most of your comments about maplins staff may be true but it looks like this time they were correct.

Paul

Comment

Shortly before I came off the tools I had a fault that I couldn't fix and needed a couple of N-Type Coax connectors. I went into Maplins and enquired. The oik behind the counter nodded in the direction of the catalogue. I looked in the catalogue and asked the crucial question, "Are these 75 Ohm or 50 Ohm?" The guy behind the counter shrugs and says, "We only do one type."

"What are they?" I enquire. "Doesn't matter, innit?" replies spotty oik. I haven't set foot in there since.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

the one in reading used to be good but always smelled of stale farts!

i think they've just decided to sell a litle bit of everything now instead what they were
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                  the one in reading used to be good but always smelled of stale farts!

i think they've just decided to sell a litle bit of everything now instead what they were
                  I remember the Reading Maplins. Now it is staffed by stale farts.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

HAve to put in my 2 pennyworth - the Maplins near me (Doncaster) is also staffed by people much younger than me BUT THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND OFFER A BRILL SERVICE - CAN'T PRAISE THEM ENOUGH!!!

HALFORDS - well that's another story!!!

by the way - I don't work for Maplins

ta

hawaii
                    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
                      Sorry but if you asked for 470k then you were in the wrong, you need 470 ohms for a 12v led not 470k that is why your leds were so dim I normally use 680ohm as the voltage on a car varies and can reach almost 15v which reduces the life of leds.
                      Most of your comments about maplins staff may be true but it looks like this time they were correct.
                      Ok,paulh fair comment, I asked for the wrong ones however i did say what i wanted em for and back in the day the guy would have said " those wont work you'll need these" After all thay are the 'experts',
                      Idont mind if the place smell of fish, $hit or anything as long as they help and
                      sell you the right thing, Its the F you attitude on em that gets me, no help,
                      no thank you, when ya pay, I'd like to do a drive by Bazookering

Comment

codes

How does it go again?

Billy-Brown-Raves-over-yellow-green.................

oh my goodness

Comment

Ok,paulh fair comment, I asked for the wrong ones however i did say what i wanted em for and back in the day the guy would have said " those wont work you'll need these" After all thay are the 'experts',
                          Idont mind if the place smell of fish, $hit or anything as long as they help and
                          sell you the right thing, Its the F you attitude on em that gets me, no help,
                          no thank you, when ya pay, I'd like to do a drive by Bazookering
                          No probs mate just didn't want you to go steaming in all guns blazing and looking a pratt when they corrected you.
                          I agree they should have put you right if you told them what they were for.
                          You know what they say "CAN'T GET THE STAFF"

Paul

Comment

the maplins online catalogue is good... and quick service!

ordered a load of LCD TVs for group buy at work (for in truck cabs)

they do a good discount system where you get a different discount for however many you buy etc...

all delivered next day!
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Did someone mention Halfords

When in Suffolk to pick up my repaired Surf I decided to go to Halfords and get a deal on a new Stereo." Ok Sir, thank you'" said the young man behind the counter. I was about to take up the 10 months direct debit and when signing the papers the wee fella informed me that he was out of stock on the adaptor plugs.

Ok I informed him can you please post the plug to me I will pay postage cos I live in a remote part of West Highlands so have no Halfords near by.

"No Sir company policy we don't post". I offered to get a jiffy bag give him the cash and asked him to post it when it came in. "No Sir company policy we don't do mail order"!!

I offered to address said envelope and put correct stamps on it I'd sat in Ipswich traffic for 40mins to get there.

I even explained that as a huge shop they must post things sometimes so next mail run they could post it" no"! was the reply.

So I went home and called a Halford in Inverness still a few hours drive away from my house. Yes Sir we can get you one and post it but you will have to come into the shop first to sign for it!

I then went to Ayrshire 4 hrs drive away on other buisiness and visited Halfords while there the guy there said," Surf Sir, sorry sir the JVC with Multi changer won't fit I'm a proffessional radio fitter I know what I'm talking about."
                              So I left Halfords stopped at a Shop in Ayr the guy said no bother mate there all standard you don't need to hack your dash about. 60 mins later I had radio cassette with multi changer all fitted for 30 quid fitting fee and was on my way home with the radio on magic.

Halfords sort yourselves out Iv'e been a customer from the old days when you had a human touch.

John
                              www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Working...
                              X