yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This could prove interesting to the veggies :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This could prove interesting to the veggies :)

A s**** is developing

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Apparently, its another EU guidline that we are flouting in this country...

Bio fuels are not taxed in the rest of Europe...

Or another way... B*Liar says what he wants, or feels like, and the civil servants do what they always wanted to do regardless.

Comment

.........."We have concluded that vegetable oil used as a fuel substitute is not biodiesel and does not qualify for the reduced rate of duty," it said.

Concluded???

Assume would be a more appropriate word! To 'conclude' is to reach an opinion through reasoning. When have C&E ever done that then????

Comment

LOl - i guess we are all waiting to see again while no one makes thier minds up!
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

There was an item on Inside London the other night where a company will collect oil from take away shops (saves them paying for removal or dumping it in the sewer!!)), twiddle with it a bit, then flogging it as biodiesel. I think it was two london councils are running their fleets of dust carts etc on it. One of them doing the oil collection and cleansing themselves.

All through the item it was described as a biofuel/biodiesel whatever. And London boroughs are now using it.... hows Tinny Bliar gonna deal that i wonder...

Why's it make a difference if it's used oil or not ??
          Last edited by Helen; 18 January 2006, 14:31.
          Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
            Why's it make a difference if it's used oil or not ??
            Because we can't have people making their own fuel! Think of how many fat-cats would lose a tiny share of their already bulging profit margins that they scalp from crude oil sales. Think of all the Presidential companies that would lose out, and thus all the politicians that would lose funding (cough*EXXON*cough). Think of all the farmers being self-sufficient, using their own home-grown fuel for their agricultural vehicles, helping them compete against cheaper import crops.

THINK economy THINK environment THINK renewable

THINK UK government? THINK again.
            _______
            /_/ _ | 0\__
            \,...__,..._ /
            _(o)__(o)_

Comment

........Frankie says.............THINK.

Comment

Originally posted by ecosurf
                Because we can't have people making their own fuel! Think of how many fat-cats would lose a tiny share of their already bulging profit margins that they scalp from crude oil sales. Think of all the Presidential companies that would lose out, and thus all the politicians that would lose funding (cough*EXXON*cough). Think of all the farmers being self-sufficient, using their own home-grown fuel for their agricultural vehicles, helping them compete against cheaper import crops.

THINK economy THINK environment THINK renewable

THINK UK government? THINK again.

How silly of me.....
                Think i'm definitely going to Spain...

Comment

Originally posted by Helen
                  How silly of me.....
                  Think i'm definitely going to Spain...
                  I don't blame you. If I had the guts I'd move to Oz. I may still be ****ed off with the government, but at least I could get a tan!
                  _______
                  /_/ _ | 0\__
                  \,...__,..._ /
                  _(o)__(o)_

Comment

you don't wanna know the price of fuel in Gibraltar then.... it would make you cry.... flipping pennies....

Comment

It's amazing. We have North Sea Oil but pay around 90p per litre for fuel. Most other oil producing countries charge much less for oil for their own country's drivers. My daughter is in Cyprus (no on or offshore oilfields there) for a couple of years yet pays about 50p per litre for fuel. Just goes to show what a bunch of thieving *******s are government are.

I hope this guy on the news can get a positive result in Court, either ours or Europe. That would really screw HMC&E!
                      Mike G

Comment

Why do people even bother decaring they use veg oil? 20 litres a week wont hurt and no one would know!
                        Kite Surf

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
                          Why do people even bother decaring they use veg oil? 20 litres a week wont hurt and no one would know!

Because its a leagal requirement!!!! Of course we all declare our Veg oil on this ber law obiding forum!!!

Now.... Where did i file my EX103......
                          Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

What I want to no is why the customs and excise feel threatened by a few (*cough*) litres of vegetable oil being used by us ordinaries...

Why every other country in Europe is quite happy for people to continue faffing around if they choose to...?

Problem is that it is just too easy to do.. and they don't want us to find out... Then they wouldn't make the wedge on the diesel...

Please help me understand why they are so damn greedy here...?

Comment

MPs

How did you all get on with your MP's

Mine was brilliant, turns out to be the shadow Environment Minister, have had 2 letters, he has been on Radio 4 about it and now this Europe thing has kicked off. He even wrote formally to Customs and Excise and asked them to justify their position!

In the past I have been fairly apathetic when it comes to politics, this time it MATTERS!

Nx
                              Naomi
                              AKA - Mamadwyvin
                              www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X