Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** Alloy Wheel Renovation, Is it possible? ***

Hi All,

Before you point out, YES I did a search and it pulled thousands of threads up!

Is it possible to take the "bog standard" alloys off and have them professionally cleaned, polished and have all the dents etc. removed?

In other words can they be brought back to "as new" again?

Anyone done this?

Also, my Surf is lifted about 3/4 inches, what kind of tyres should I get to make it look real good?

Sizes etc.

The ones I have on now look quite small and don't really suit it, they are Ranger 70's by AVON!

Thanks in advance!

Gary

Originally posted by hellmett
    Hi All,

Before you point out, YES I did a search and it pulled thousands of threads up!

Is it possible to take the "bog standard" alloys off and have them professionally cleaned, polished and have all the dents etc. removed?

In other words can they be brought back to "as new" again?

Anyone done this?

Also, my Surf is lifted about 3/4 inches, what kind of tyres should I get to make it look real good?

Sizes etc.

The ones I have on now look quite small and don't really suit it, they are Ranger 70's by AVON!

Thanks in advance!

Gary
    you can get your alloy wheels done they take the lacure off repaint them and then relacure them if there is no damage to the wheel they should come up ok but it does cost around 70-80 pound per wheel so mite be cheaper to go for a new set all together
    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Most alloy wheel refurbishment companies charge around £30-£40 per wheel. That includes removing tyres, stipping old laquer coatings, dent and scuff repair, polish and re-laquer and re-fit tyres and balance.

What tyres to go for.......31/10.5/r15 is the biggest you can go without more lift / spacers.
      Do you want a chunky look as in mud tyres or just big fat road bias tyres?
      The choice........is yours!

Comment

Here's one example, you'll need the diamond cut and laquer service....

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk/pricelist.htm

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Here's one example, you'll need the diamond cut and laquer service....

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk/pricelist.htm

This company is based in the same village as the dealer I bought my Surf from. About a 50 min drive from Didcot.

Comment

You can get them powder coated for around £35-£40 per wheel which makes the wheels look like brand new.!!

I had them done on my 17" 4x4 alloys on my Freelander last year.
            Attached Files
            SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Working...
            X