Rear Spoiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Spoiler

Can anybody tell me would a rear spoiler from a 3.0 95 surf go onto my 93 2.4, its got the hi level brake light and electric reversing mirror.

If it would has anybody got any info on the best way to go about fitting it and as its red and mines grey whats the best spray to use on it?
    [U]SORRY OFFICER...I HAVE BEEN IN ALL EVENING...[/U]

Originally posted by TRUCKMAN
    Can anybody tell me would a rear spoiler from a 3.0 95 surf go onto my 93 2.4, its got the hi level brake light and electric reversing mirror.

If it would has anybody got any info on the best way to go about fitting it and as its red and mines grey whats the best spray to use on it?
    Are they the same shape?? 95 is when there were both 2nd and 3rd gens made.. If its the same shape i presume it should fit. There is a wire in the 2.4's for a high level brake light.. Its tucked under the panel which holds the loght in the boot. Not sure about the mirror though
    Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by joe112
      Are they the same shape?? 95 is when there were both 2nd and 3rd gens made.. If its the same shape i presume it should fit. There is a wire in the 2.4's for a high level brake light.. Its tucked under the panel which holds the loght in the boot. Not sure about the mirror though

The rear of both his and mine are the same width, looks ok, presume that i will have to drill through the roof to fix it on and does not look like there is any wiring running across the roof so that should be fine. Thanks for the info re the wiring for the brake light saves me a job.

Just need to get some info re the mirror wiring and switch etc

Thanks mate

Comment

Originally posted by TRUCKMAN
        The rear of both his and mine are the same width, looks ok, presume that i will have to drill through the roof to fix it on and does not look like there is any wiring running across the roof so that should be fine. Thanks for the info re the wiring for the brake light saves me a job.

Just need to get some info re the mirror wiring and switch etc

Thanks mate
        The mirror was only on the 3rd Gens so the roof profile is unlikely to be identical.
        Although the 2 rear ends (2nd & 3rd Gens) may not have identical profiles it can no doubt be done, it just depends on your skills, the legs may need to be re-profiled to suit the 2nd Gen roof, or a spacer/packer piece may be required to fit it successfully.
        Are you taking this directly from another one? if so you should be able to examine it and simply replicate the wiring, and get the switch from it too.
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
          The mirror was only on the 3rd Gens so the roof profile is unlikely to be identical.
          Although the 2 rear ends (2nd & 3rd Gens) may not have identical profiles it can no doubt be done, it just depends on your skills, the legs may need to be re-profiled to suit the 2nd Gen roof, or a spacer/packer piece may be required to fit it successfully.
          Are you taking this directly from another one? if so you should be able to examine it and simply replicate the wiring, and get the switch from it too.

No its already off, my mates just moved in a new house and there it was stuck in a corner in the gagage!
          So thats why not sure re the fit etc, but think i will give it a go take my time etc if not its going on the old ebay, going to try this weekend.

Comment

how come I see so many 2nd gens with the spoilers and mirrors then ? SSRG's.
            Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Originally posted by FlySurfer - Edy.
              how come I see so many 2nd gens with the spoilers and mirrors then ? SSRG's.
              AFAIK the electric drop down mirror in the rear spoiler was never offered as an option on the 2nd Gens. The mirror spoiler sits clear of the roof on two legs.

The 2nd gen SSRG's had a rear spoiler, as did most of the 'X's, this type of spoiler is fitted flush to the roofline.
              Last edited by Morr; 18 January 2006, 13:03.
              Maurice
              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
              X