cb radio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cb radio?

Just wondering if anybody else runs a cb radio in there truck?
    I used to have them all the time (the old am ones) and when it changed over to fm I ran one for a while but it was full of muppets so no I am thinking about it again as some 4x4 centres use them (langdale) but when I went to check out what is available there is loads of fm cheap on ebay but a few am fm so now not sure what to go for and as for twigs we always used halfbreeds or rebels not got a clue whats out there now???

mmmmmmmmmmm not sure if you are allowed to use AM cb's anymore. think they were banned out becuase you could talk on them and whilst driving down the road your conversation would come out on the local tv's.......................... ...something my dad was fond of in his earlier days as a truck driver! hehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by spoofer28
      I used to have them all the time (the old am ones) and when it changed over to fm I ran one for a while but it was full of muppets so no I am thinking about it again as some 4x4 centres use them (langdale) but when I went to check out what is available there is loads of fm cheap on ebay but a few am fm so now not sure what to go for and as for twigs we always used halfbreeds or rebels not got a clue whats out there now???
      I run a modern slim fm rig with a flexi 48" firestick (copy). I used to run a harrier cbx and it was the dogs but a bit big and bulky to tuck neatly in the truck. Not many people on air now a days. good when your off roading if every1 has a rig but mostly when we go out we just use pmr radios.
      BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Originally posted by spoofer28
        I've just bought a 2nd hand one off delbay to use in the truck when i get round to doing some offroading.Just been to maplins to buy a little magmount aerial too.
        A cheap way of communication once you've bought the set up.

Darren
        So many toys-So little cash

Comment

Originally posted by Grimreeper
          I run a modern slim fm rig with a flexi 48" firestick (copy). I used to run a harrier cbx and it was the dogs but a bit big and bulky to tuck neatly in the truck. Not many people on air now a days. good when your off roading if every1 has a rig but mostly when we go out we just use pmr radios.
          I have a Midlan 80 in mine.. Sits nicely on the bottom DIN slot.. Had to do a bit of Modification to get the antenna wire to plug into the back though... its a very tight fit!!

Looks alright now though!..

Not many on air as as been said before... i also use pmr radio that just clips onto the cup holder.
          Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

I got one hidden away in bottom cubby (here), same as Joe112 with the modifications to the antenna fixings but works ok, not a lot of people on the air though, handy for places such as Langdale as you have mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by kazam401
              I got one hidden away in bottom cubby (here), same as Joe112 with the modifications to the antenna fixings but works ok, not a lot of people on the air though, handy for places such as Langdale as you have mentioned
              Looks like u got a "team" rig same as mine lol. not a bad little rig.
              BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Does this mean anything to anyone????????

Cobra 148GTLDX ?????????????

I used to have one, the dogs whatsits and serious slap on the wrist if your caught with one!! (unless u have ham radio licence!)

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy W
                  Does this mean anything to anyone????????

Cobra 148GTLDX ?????????????

I used to have one, the dogs whatsits and serious slap on the wrist if your caught with one!! (unless u have ham radio licence!)

Andy

Even a amateur radio licence does not help you it is illegal full stop......

We did at one time have a ruling allowing us to pay the duty and to modify the radio for use on 10m but they closed that loophole a few years back....i have a couple of old radios kickin about here and all i can do with them is raid them for spares for projects as all the electronic things you buy these days uses surface mount devices a real pain to the hobbyist.....
                  Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyaj
                    mmmmmmmmmmm not sure if you are allowed to use AM cb's anymore. think they were banned out becuase you could talk on them and whilst driving down the road your conversation would come out on the local tv's.......................... ...something my dad was fond of in his earlier days as a truck driver! hehehehe

Not sure they were ever legal!

I have an FM CB in the Landy, no one ever uses them now cept a few lorry drivers. Had 2 tippers next to me in a jam on the M25 once, both chatting on the CB, my radio was picking it up lound and clear, over the top of auntie beeb. The poor bloke (who they worked with I assume) they were slagging off, I'm sure he didn't deserve ali those swear words
                    Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by surfer daz
                      I've just bought a 2nd hand one off delbay to use in the truck when i get round to doing some offroading.
                      Darren
                      When you get round to off roading?!?!?!

What did we do today then???!!
                      It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                        When you get round to off roading?!?!?!

What did we do today then???!!
                        Yea ok,we done some today. My trucks plastered......I'm never washing it again!

When we going again?

Comment

Yea ok,we done some today. My trucks plastered......I'm never washing it again!

When we going again?
                          hee hee... It WAS a good trip..

Mine's absoflippinlutely filthy!!

Nice to meet ya. Will definately give you a ring next time we're out.

Cheers!!!
                          It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                            hee hee... It WAS a good trip..

Mine's absoflippinlutely filthy!!

Nice to meet ya. Will definately give you a ring next time we're out.

Cheers!!!
                            yea, it was a good day out,very impressed with how the truck performed.
                            Always nice to meet forum members.

thanks for inviting me.

Darren

Comment

yea, it was a good day out,very impressed with how the truck performed.
                              Always nice to meet forum members.

thanks for inviting me.

Darren
                              It really is quite amazing how the Surf performs, innit?! I've been through a few 'lanes' now, and am shocked when I look back and realise I made it through!

Glad you enjoyed it, and you want to do it again.... Next Monday, maybe.....??!!!!
                              It just does, OK?

Comment

Working...
                              X