Radio Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Size?

Hi Guys, want to fit a UK spec radio to replace the Japanese model and wanted to see if any modifications are needed to the dash, eg is the Japanese model the same size as the UK single Din? so is it just a straight swap over? I know that I will need to get the front off because of the bolts/brackets and will need an ISO lead, its the size element that I am unsure about. Thanks.
    [U]SORRY OFFICER...I HAVE BEEN IN ALL EVENING...[/U]

Originally posted by TRUCKMAN
    Hi Guys, want to fit a UK spec radio to replace the Japanese model and wanted to see if any modifications are needed to the dash, eg is the Japanese model the same size as the UK single Din? so is it just a straight swap over? I know that I will need to get the front off because of the bolts/brackets and will need an ISO lead, its the size element that I am unsure about. Thanks.
    i just got a jvc from halfords and it went straight in
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      i just got a jvc from halfords and it went straight in
      nice one mate that puts my mind at ease, last thing i wanted was a nightmare half way thru!

Comment

hi m8

Only thing you need to consider is if the UK stereo you fit has a plastic ring around the front to locate things like the removable front face.

My Sony did and although the unit is a single DIN size (and so fitted into the dash perfectly, when it came to re-fitting the facia surround it wouldn't go around the locating ring.

I considered "shaving" either the ring or the facia surround but decided to just leave the ring off. The smaller gap enables me to locate the front face nice & easily.

Just something for you to consider

ta

hawaii
        I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii
          hi m8

Only thing you need to consider is if the UK stereo you fit has a plastic ring around the front to locate things like the removable front face.

My Sony did and although the unit is a single DIN size (and so fitted into the dash perfectly, when it came to re-fitting the facia surround it wouldn't go around the locating ring.

I considered "shaving" either the ring or the facia surround but decided to just leave the ring off. The smaller gap enables me to locate the front face nice & easily.

Just something for you to consider

ta

hawaii

thanks for that info as it has got that seperate plastic surround to it, well the one i have looked at has. But now will have a look to see if i can find one that maybe a better fit as dont want to shave the dash really but would like a flush as fit as poss

Comment

Working...
          X